Maxspect icv6

som857ee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, everyone, I try all the weekend try to connect through the icv6 and I didn't succeed, for the honest, I update through the website my recurve light to v. 2.3 I also try to update the icv6 to version 1.7 but I didn't figure out how could i..please help me,

OP
OP
S

som857ee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I succeed to update the recurve but not succeed to connect the icv6

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the ipv6 update on a microSD card? If not get one. Once you download the update, unplug your ipv6, plug the microSD card in the ipv6 and power it back on. It should update automatically.

OP
OP
S

som857ee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the ipv6 update on a microSD card? If not get one. Once you download the update, unplug your ipv6, plug the microSD card in the ipv6 and power it back on. It should update automatically.
Without connecting first to the app? Because of I just can't connect to the app with the icv6, you think that it the problem that I can't connect the recurve to the icv6?

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know about the Recurve but I have the R5X and that’s the way I did it to update mine. If I recall I had to update both devices first with the microSD card before they would connect.

OP
OP
S

som857ee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After long struggling with the icv6 nothing came out of it, please of all the respect from you guys but I just can't figure it without doing damage no one is helping me and I'm desperate if there is an angel here who can't help me I'm not so good with my English but I'm ready to learn from you, the only way to help me is to post a video who can show me how to connect and update the icv6, it should be simple but it's difficult for me, I'm will telling you step by step what I do with the unit and the controller until I get angry and leave it away...but all I need is attention from you guys

OP
OP
S

som857ee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know English but not so good... I understand what you say to me

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well basically you need a microSD card like this.
AD8B4684-CF1E-4606-8CEA-824EB283A13C.jpeg

Then go to the Maxspect website, look for downloads and updates link. Find the file for the icv6 and download it to the SD card. Unplug the icv6 from power, plug the SD card in the icv6 card slot, plug the power back on and then it should update automatically. That’s all I had to do to get my iPhone to connect to the icv6. At the time though I had the first one before it went on the open market but I’d think the latest ones would have the latest data.

Only other thing you have to do is open your WiFi settings and look for the one named Maxspect and connect to it, there is no password.

Anything more and I think you may want to contact Maxspect directly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

som857ee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have micro sd already and I update the recurve the problem is the icv6

OP
OP
S

som857ee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, miracle :) i do succeed to connect the icv6 to the recurve...and it's work but still don't succeed to update the icv6, but the recurve i succeed to update, i also contact to maxspect and they just say that it should do it automatically...but the question is why there a place to put sd card??? I will contact them and ask just that. The other question is if that is normal that the most right button keep blinking the wifi and the power button keep stable but as I say the right button keep blinking...is it normal??? By the way, my mistake was to push the power button too much until the red blinking stays on. That the mistake.

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to take out the microSD card from the adapter and then insert it on the bottom of the icv6.

On the right side of the bottom, just put the rubber piece and it’s underneath.
1A6B82E2-D7AA-4F9B-AEB7-492DDD60CB76.jpeg

The lights on mine the left light blinks slow, the middle one is solid and the right light blinks fast. Neither of my actual buttons light up.
218EEA80-53F3-4205-AE35-7C2FE007DCED.jpeg

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Thanks for your support. This is customer service from Maxspect, May I know if the issue remains?

Kevan Sharp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well basically you need a microSD card like this.
AD8B4684-CF1E-4606-8CEA-824EB283A13C.jpeg

Then go to the Maxspect website, look for downloads and updates link. Find the file for the icv6 and download it to the SD card. Unplug the icv6 from power, plug the SD card in the icv6 card slot, plug the power back on and then it should update automatically. That’s all I had to do to get my iPhone to connect to the icv6. At the time though I had the first one before it went on the open market but I’d think the latest ones would have the latest data.

Only other thing you have to do is open your WiFi settings and look for the one named Maxspect and connect to it, there is no password.

Anything more and I think you may want to contact Maxspect directly.
Are you saying the way to get the WiFi to connect to the ICV6 I need to go to my router and find it?
I can’t get the ICV6 to pair/connect to the router. ? I can’t get the blinking light to turn on that indicates it is trying to connect.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back