Maxspect icv6

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi is the ICV6 in the proper mode(such as breathing mode) when connecting to Wifi, it means it needs to set the ICV6 in proper mode according to the App instruction in the step of connecting it to Wifi. 2nd sorry to mention, but did you input the correct password?

Yes to both. I can direct connect and pair with the gyres, but it will not connect to my network. Is there certain firewall, DNS, or port settings I need to open?

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes to both. I can direct connect and pair with the gyres, but it will not connect to my network. Is there certain firewall, DNS, or port settings I need to open?
Hi it's like connecting your phone to the network. As long as ICV6 is in breathing mode, it will take password from your phone and connect to your network. Did you set any restriction in your network?
Or how about turn on a hot spot in your phone, and connect the ICV6 to this hot spot and see if it works?

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@csmaxspect I’ve got an issue with ICV6 I wonder if you can help with. Suddenly I can’t export or import QR codes for sharing Gyre schedules. I have a few schedules saved that I’ve been trying out and it’s been working fine, but all of a sudden the past few days I just get a spinning wheel when I attempt to Share or Import a QR code and eventually an error

440A81D4-B73D-4D09-BBE5-1F889B4DE032.png
2ABB8FE6-9E76-490A-B7CE-D8D538B89559.png

Nothing has changed with my network since this started. Also everything else with the ICV6 works fine. I can connect to it and control my pumps, change modes, mess with schedules, etc. but I just can’t import or export QR codes. I tried factory resetting the ICV6 and that didn’t help. Also tried installing SYNA-G on a different device and that didn’t help either. Not sure what else to do here.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@csmaxspect I’ve got an issue with ICV6 I wonder if you can help with. Suddenly I can’t export or import QR codes for sharing Gyre schedules. I have a few schedules saved that I’ve been trying out and it’s been working fine, but all of a sudden the past few days I just get a spinning wheel when I attempt to Share or Import a QR code and eventually an error

440A81D4-B73D-4D09-BBE5-1F889B4DE032.png
2ABB8FE6-9E76-490A-B7CE-D8D538B89559.png

Nothing has changed with my network since this started. Also everything else with the ICV6 works fine. I can connect to it and control my pumps, change modes, mess with schedules, etc. but I just can’t import or export QR codes. I tried factory resetting the ICV6 and that didn’t help. Also tried installing SYNA-G on a different device and that didn’t help either. Not sure what else to do here.
Hi thanks for your feedback. Actually the creation and import QR Code must have Internet Access. Because App needs Internet Server to build or explain the meaning of the QR Code. So this error has something to do with your Internet Network. Is ICV6 connected to your router, and is your home network connected to the Internet when exporting the QR Code?

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi thanks for your feedback. Actually the creation and import QR Code must have Internet Access. Because App needs Internet Server to build or explain the meaning of the QR Code. So this error has something to do with your Internet Network. Is ICV6 connected to your router, and is your home network connected to the Internet when exporting the QR Code?

Yes it’s connected to the Internet. Just tried it again awhile posting this from my phone and same issue. It worked a few days ago but suddenly stopped working and I haven’t changed anything on the router during that time. I can see the icv6 with an IP on my 2.4ghz network. I’ve got other things on that network including my Apex that are able to access the internet fine.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it’s connected to the Internet. Just tried it again awhile posting this from my phone and same issue. It worked a few days ago but suddenly stopped working and I haven’t changed anything on the router during that time. I can see the icv6 with an IP on my 2.4ghz network. I’ve got other things on that network including my Apex that are able to access the internet fine.
Hi if this is the case. May we know if you are using Apple devices with IOS 13? And did you turn on the location authority for the Syna-G App, or is there any authority that you did not turn on leading to the Internet access has been restricted on Syna-G App?

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi if this is the case. May we know if you are using Apple devices with IOS 13? And did you turn on the location authority for the Syna-G App, or is there any authority that you did not turn on leading to the Internet access has been restricted on Syna-G App?

yes iPhone with ios13. Also just installed it on my iPad with iOS13 and had the same issue. Are there others have the same issue? Is the service that generates the QR codes down?

D94FA625-000B-4037-9829-03E0A1E31902.png

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes iPhone with ios13. Also just installed it on my iPad with iOS13 and had the same issue. Are there others have the same issue? Is the service that generates the QR codes down?

D94FA625-000B-4037-9829-03E0A1E31902.png
Hi for IOS13, if you connect ICV6 to router, you need to turn on location authority. How about turning on GPS and have a try?

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi for IOS13, if you connect ICV6 to router, you need to turn on location authority. How about turning on GPS and have a try?

GPS on what? My phone? GPS is turned on. Even if I change it from “While Using” to “Always” it doesn’t work.

145FC57B-9E9F-4F8B-88A3-98096299FD2C.jpeg
DF2A5BED-AC74-4E92-ADE0-2E77744BEDB7.jpeg

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI
GPS on what? My phone? GPS is turned on. Even if I change it from “While Using” to “Always” it doesn’t work.

145FC57B-9E9F-4F8B-88A3-98096299FD2C.jpeg
DF2A5BED-AC74-4E92-ADE0-2E77744BEDB7.jpeg
Hi, may we double confirm, how about turning on the mobile network on your phone, and give it a try? Also please check if there's authorization needed for Syna-G App to use Mobile Network
mobile network.jpg

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HI

Hi, may we double confirm, how about turning on the mobile network on your phone, and give it a try? Also please check if there's authorization needed for Syna-G App to use Mobile Network
mobile network.jpg

not sure what I’m looking at here? If you’re referring to some kind of setting where both WiFi and mobile data can be used simultaneously, that is not possible. I have tried turning off WiFi right before I attempt to generate the QR code so it uses mobile, but that doesn’t work

Also one thing to keep in mind here is I’m not trying to make this work for the first time. This worked perfectly fine as recently as last week. Nothing changed on my end on any of these things I’m checking out. It doesn’t work on multiple devices now. So did something change on your end?

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure what I’m looking at here? If you’re referring to some kind of setting where both WiFi and mobile data can be used simultaneously, that is not possible. I have tried turning off WiFi right before I attempt to generate the QR code so it uses mobile, but that doesn’t work

Also one thing to keep in mind here is I’m not trying to make this work for the first time. This worked perfectly fine as recently as last week. Nothing changed on my end on any of these things I’m checking out. It doesn’t work on multiple devices now. So did something change on your end?

Hi, this is weird. We haven't changed anything on our side. If this is the case, we need to check one by one, how about setting a hot spot from your phone, and connect the ICV6 to your phone hot spot instead of your router, and see if it can solve the issue?

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi, this is weird. We haven't changed anything on our side. If this is the case, we need to check one by one, how about setting a hot spot from your phone, and connect the ICV6 to your phone hot spot instead of your router, and see if it can solve the issue?

so I factory reset and connected via my hotspot and it still doesn’t work connected via hotspot either.

So it doesn’t work on multiple devices connected via WiFi, and it doesn’t work connected via a hotspot. I‘d say at this point the issue is on your end especially considering I changed NOTHING from when this worked to when it stopped working. This is very frustrating because I have a schedule I want to go back to but I can’t because of this. It won’t even let me import schedules.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I factory reset and connected via my hotspot and it still doesn’t work connected via hotspot either.

So it doesn’t work on multiple devices connected via WiFi, and it doesn’t work connected via a hotspot. I‘d say at this point the issue is on your end especially considering I changed NOTHING from when this worked to when it stopped working. This is very frustrating because I have a schedule I want to go back to but I can’t because of this. It won’t even let me import schedules.
OK we are checking the QR Code Server. Will let you know if there's any update.

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe @Jeff@caralvue can help

I appreciate the vote of confidence :), but @csmaxspect is definitely in a better position to help our friend here. I don't have access to Maxspect's QR Code Server. I know this is very frustrating, but this process of elimination is exactly how CoralVue would go about diagnosing an issue with a connected device. There are so many variables to consider with everyone using different devices, operating systems & versions, different versions of the app, networks, etc. I recently had a connectivity issue with another product (nothing to with the ICV6) and had to go through similar steps.

Hi Somehow the server is down, we are fixing it urgently.

^ There ya go! Looks like @trmiv helped them identify the issue. Obviously I am jumping into this late and getting caught up on the back-and-forth, but it looks like the steady communication is leading to a resolution. Teamwork makes the dream work!

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This still doesn’t work unfortunately. The behavior has changed a little. It used to sit for quite awhile just spinning. Now it immediately says the internet is not working when I hit share. :rolleyes:

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This still doesn’t work unfortunately. The behavior has changed a little. It used to sit for quite awhile just spinning. Now it immediately says the internet is not working when I hit share. :rolleyes:
Hi Sorry that we are still working on it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back