Maxspect icv6

Ghidellas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi, for question 1, the answer is yes, as per shown on App page: Selecting a working mode, connect through a mobile device.
for question 2, if you want to connect the ICV6 to your router, the router has to be
1) 2.4g wifi;
2) make sure the ICV6 is in breathing mode, as per instructed on App;
3) make sure the wifi name and passwords are correct,
and if it does not work you can have a try on resetting the ICV6 to have a check.
The methods of resetting ICV6 is:
1)cut the power,
2) press the power button and keep the power button pressed,
3)reconnect the power, while keeping the power button pressed until the red flash(Several times) is gone.
4)Add ICV6 again on the APP(Following APP instructions to make it breathing mode firstly).
QQ截图20210629092407.jpg
Maybe I am using the wrong app? Mine looks nothing like this. It only gives me option to “add device “. And that is where it asks me the network and password then times out when trying to connect.

Ghidellas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Maybe I am using the wrong app? Mine looks nothing like this. It only gives me option to “add device “. And that is where it asks me the network and password then times out when trying to connect.

Attachments

• 3D02E539-A3AD-46C5-88F6-0AEA9ECB5C9D.png
    3D02E539-A3AD-46C5-88F6-0AEA9ECB5C9D.png
    389.4 KB · Views: 49

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, everyone, I try all the weekend try to connect through the icv6 and I didn't succeed, for the honest, I update through the website my recurve light to v. 2.3 I also try to update the icv6 to version 1.7 but I didn't figure out how could i..please help me,
Not what you want to hear but I detest the ICV6. It constantly dropped and had to be re added. It was frustrating and I was afraid to load it or mess with it for fear of ending up having to spend hours fixing it.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what my app home page looks like
Hi this is wrong App, this is the Syna-G Cloud App, for another Jump Light device, not for ICV6; You need to download the newest Syna-G App from App Store or Google Play.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not what you want to hear but I detest the ICV6. It constantly dropped and had to be re added. It was frustrating and I was afraid to load it or mess with it for fear of ending up having to spend hours fixing it.
Hi, how about giving it a reset:
1)cut the power,
3)reconnect the power, while keeping the power button pressed until the red flash(Several times) is gone.
4)Add ICV6 again on the APP(Following APP instructions to make it breathing mode firstly).

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, how about giving it a reset:
1)cut the power,
I have done this sooo many times. It sits in a drawer in the room of misfit aquarium toys. It just was so unreliable.

I’ve dealt with your tech support (and warranty) and it’s top notch!

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done this sooo many times. It sits in a drawer in the room of misfit aquarium toys. It just was so unreliable.

I’ve dealt with your tech support (and warranty) and it’s top notch!
Sorry to hear you’re having troubles! You know the best thing you could do is submit a support ticket at the Coralvue Support portal. They can help you with one on one help and get you back to a happy place .

jcosta98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ,

Tried to add a new ICV6 Through the router but once I put the password it keeps showing the loading circle and eventually times out . I got all the pre requesits, also tried resetting as the instructions sent on a previous post. Still can't connect through router but no problem connecting directly . Any help @csmaxspect ? Using IOS 14.5.1 ,

Thank you

Z0N3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm on the latest firmware version for both and can direct connect, but cannot get it to link to 2.4g WiFi. I even went so far as to turn off my 5g completely with no dice.
I set up my icv6 and from home its working fine , but if I go somewhere and use an other wifi icv6 Just not connecting , im not able to controll it ..o_O

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up my icv6 and from home its working fine , but if I go somewhere and use an other wifi icv6 Just not connecting , im not able to controll it ..o_O
Hi, ICV6 can only be controlled in LAN network, which means your phone and ICV6 should be in the same wifi range then you can control the ICV6 by phone.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ,

Tried to add a new ICV6 Through the router but once I put the password it keeps showing the loading circle and eventually times out . I got all the pre requesits, also tried resetting as the instructions sent on a previous post. Still can't connect through router but no problem connecting directly . Any help @csmaxspect ? Using IOS 14.5.1 ,

Thank you
Hi Could you make and send a small video to [email protected] and we will have a check.

Z0N3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, ICV6 can only be controlled in LAN network, which means your phone and ICV6 should be in the same wifi range then you can control the ICV6 by phone.
But this is absolutley sensless, I want use the wifi if im not home .. if im home and I can go to the aquarium why would I need wifi controll ? Are you serious ? This is the most stpd thing I ever heard .. I dont know now to cry or laugh OMG .. im very very very very dissapointed now , also you advertise it as a wifi controll , not as a wifi "if you are at home " controll

M Saenz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ,

Thank you
Did they ever fix your problem with the ICV6

Jgoal55

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Searching around the forums but haven’t found a definite answer to this. Figured this thread my be a good place.

I can control both of my gyres via wifi by connecting to the maxspect wifi signal, but is there a way to control with wifi without having to switch to the maxspect network everytime?

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Searching around the forums but haven’t found a definite answer to this. Figured this thread my be a good place.

I can control both of my gyres via wifi by connecting to the maxspect wifi signal, but is there a way to control with wifi without having to switch to the maxspect network everytime?
You can use ICV6 to connect to your own 2.4g wifi, then to control ICV6 and your gyres

Jgoal55

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use ICV6 to connect to your own 2.4g wifi, then to control ICV6 and your gyres
Thank you. But I’m confused.

to be clear, right now to turn off my gyres for example, I go to the wifi settings on my phone and I switch from my home network to the network that the ICV6 puts out.

after doing so, I can then control my gyres. I cannot control my gyres without first connecting to the maxspect-i6a1b…. Network.

I am wondering if I can control the gyres via the Syna-G app without having to switch from my home network to the maxspect network.

similar to what I can do with my Sicce pump and other devices (like home security cams, etc).

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. But I’m confused.

to be clear, right now to turn off my gyres for example, I go to the wifi settings on my phone and I switch from my home network to the network that the ICV6 puts out.

after doing so, I can then control my gyres. I cannot control my gyres without first connecting to the maxspect-i6a1b…. Network.

I am wondering if I can control the gyres via the Syna-G app without having to switch from my home network to the maxspect network.

similar to what I can do with my Sicce pump and other devices (like home security cams, etc).
OK, may we know whether your home network is 2.4g network?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back