MaxSpect J165 Connection Issues

g0mgx

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2021
Messages
11
Reaction score
25
Location
Belper
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning Reefers

I have a DD 1200 with 2 x Maxspect Jump L165 lights - I had both lights powered off for a few days and on reconnection, the app only finds one of the two lights.

I've tried everything I'm aware of to re-connect the light to the App, but nothing seems to work. I've followed the reset video on YouTube (where you need at least 3 hands), then try to add to the app, again following the YouTube video. It appears as a device when the app looks for new devices to add, but the connection then fails. I have the light in the mode where the blue is flashing on the unit (but that doesnt last very long). I've also tried to conenct when only standing on mu left leg and facing north, but that didnt help either :-).

My Android device is connected to the same 2.4G network that I'm entering in the setup.

I can get the unit into the manual mode where I can select from a number of preset on states, but cant connect to the app.

I've made a video (a few hands too few here also) to try and show whats going on:

Video

Anyone cleverer than me able to see what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Mark
 
Have you checked maxspects website for info on your issue?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new