Maxspect razor legs

Kilo hat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got done with my rimless 75 build and got a 43” maxspect razor for $100 bucks. I figured it was cheap enough and I could try it out until I can save up for something newer. The problem was that it did not have the legs for it as it was hung by previous owner. After scouring the interwebs and no luck I decided to try my hand making some. I figured I would make this post as I am sure I am not the only one running older lights while on a budget. I went to Lowe’s hardware and got two 6’ 1/4-20 all thread rods that fit perfectly in the original mounting holes. I cut off about 8” of the rod to get me 8” above the water line. I then bent them to a 90 deg. I used two 6” pieces of cpvc with 1/4” holes drilled all the way through and some stainless 1/4-20 nuts to set my upper brace for each side. For the feet I took two 6” pieces of 3/4” pvc and cut a channel out of it so it would sit on the rim of the tank. I then used some more 1/4-20 nuts to attach legs to feet. I drilled some holes through the feet and put a nut on the top and bottom of the pvc and snugged them down so they wouldn’t go anywhere. I made the nut on the bottom of the foot inside the pvc flush with the rod so it did not protrude too much into the pvc causing it to not hold very well on the rim. After that painted it all black and installed on the tank. Maybe someone can use this or not but I think it came out pretty good.

B3E23F99-BDEA-494C-ABA2-EF4B067C77AE.jpeg D5C93223-D8EC-462E-88C9-D3431528A3AB.jpeg 13F37DB7-7E0F-4973-85F6-66B8151F4B14.jpeg

ReefingReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got done with my rimless 75 build and got a 43” maxspect razor for $100 bucks. I figured it was cheap enough and I could try it out until I can save up for something newer. The problem was that it did not have the legs for it as it was hung by previous owner. After scouring the interwebs and no luck I decided to try my hand making some. I figured I would make this post as I am sure I am not the only one running older lights while on a budget. I went to Lowe’s hardware and got two 6’ 1/4-20 all thread rods that fit perfectly in the original mounting holes. I cut off about 8” of the rod to get me 8” above the water line. I then bent them to a 90 deg. I used two 6” pieces of cpvc with 1/4” holes drilled all the way through and some stainless 1/4-20 nuts to set my upper brace for each side. For the feet I took two 6” pieces of 3/4” pvc and cut a channel out of it so it would sit on the rim of the tank. I then used some more 1/4-20 nuts to attach legs to feet. I drilled some holes through the feet and put a nut on the top and bottom of the pvc and snugged them down so they wouldn’t go anywhere. I made the nut on the bottom of the foot inside the pvc flush with the rod so it did not protrude too much into the pvc causing it to not hold very well on the rim. After that painted it all black and installed on the tank. Maybe someone can use this or not but I think it came out pretty good.

B3E23F99-BDEA-494C-ABA2-EF4B067C77AE.jpeg D5C93223-D8EC-462E-88C9-D3431528A3AB.jpeg thank you for posting

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back