Mccosker flasher wrasse

N2theUnknown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I cant really find anything on this but ive got a mccoskers flasher wrasse that ive had for about 2 weeks. And thus morning I walked into my living room and find the picture below... Body was motion less kinda rolling with the wave maker. No movement in the eyes kinda blotchy. Do i was assuming dead but didnt have the time to really deal with him. So I called my wife and asked if she would fish him out but informed me he was swimming around happily. This doesnt seem to be the norm for sleeping habbits?
20190325_062626.jpeg

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the norm for sleeping. They make a mucous cocoon and go to sleep, generally somewhere they won't be disturbed - but I have had some of my wrasses bed down at the base of a rock in the open.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Typically they'll hide in/under something at night, but maybe he got caught off guard when the lights went off last night and couldn't navigate to his normal spot.

But that is how they look when sleeping.

OP
OP
N

N2theUnknown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea he has been sleeping deep in one of my rocks and knew about the cacoon but this just seemed so odd very diffrent then any of my other fish. This is my first wrasse thanks guys! He is so active and flashes daily! Love this guy

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea he has been sleeping deep in one of my rocks and knew about the cacoon but this just seemed so odd very diffrent then any of my other fish. This is my first wrasse thanks guys! He is so active and flashes daily! Love this guy

Flashers are sweet. Keep a lid on your tank or you'll find it on the floor someday though, they love to jump.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest I find the Fairy and Flasher Wrasse sleeping habits to be really bizarre, I tend to lean more towards sand burying wrasses though. I had a Solarensis Fairy Wrasse that would sleep on his side wedged in a cave and was perfectly happy with that arrangement. I think of all the strange habits I have seen for sleeping though, my Foxface takes the cake, caught him sleeping one night in the open in a corner of my tank standing on it's tail at an angel. Wish I had gotten a vid of it.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back