Mean Clown

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, why is my black oscellaris so aggressive lately? I've had it for about a year, and for the last 11th month, it's been the sweetest fish in my tank. Nowadays, everytime I have my hand in the tank, it nips at me real hard. It chases after all his tankmates. It's not like he hosts in anything. He just hovers over a a cave area, and everytime I go near this *empty* kingdom of his, he flips out at my hand!

What's the deal? Would getting him a mate would calm him down? It would be a perfect reason for me to buy this beautiful true female perc I saw at my LFS. :D

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like shes finally the woman of the tank?
she dont take no hand from no man

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
loll I think that's the case. You think the clown just turned into a female after reaching maturity? In that case, now I have to find a small true perc. The one in the LFS was fully mature and XL...=\

Teeka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Female clowns can be very aggresive. I have a pair of them. They was bought together. My female she is about 3" stakes out her corner with her bubble coral that she has picked to host. Nothin is allowed to be near it. If she is being moody she won't even allow the male near it.

jc_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that clowns can get like this... There's a tomato clown in my bf's tank that does this all the time, he doesn't go after his tankmates though.... But they are from the same family as damsels which can get pretty aggressive, so he/she is just really showing the damsels in him!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 45 86.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.8%
Back