OP
AyoItsRocco

AyoItsRocco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So update....

I lost the mean Six-Line while on vacation cus he jumped out of the tank unfortunately, but since then I haven't seen the Leopard at all, he hasn't seem to Jumped out either while inspecting the area but he also hasn't come out of the sand bed (that I can tell) since prolly april 1st or 2nd.... give or take a few days. Could she have died under the sand or is it one of those scenarios where she just isn't ready to come out?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So update....

I lost the mean Six-Line while on vacation cus he jumped out of the tank unfortunately, but since then I haven't seen the Leopard at all, he hasn't seem to Jumped out either while inspecting the area but he also hasn't come out of the sand bed (that I can tell) since prolly april 1st or 2nd.... give or take a few days. Could she have died under the sand or is it one of those scenarios where she just isn't ready to come out?
Wrasses don’t usually die in the sand, they tend to come out to die.
You may find the six line has beaten her up to the point of no return and your CUC already got to her body.

OP
OP
AyoItsRocco

AyoItsRocco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you need a lid on the tank as well. Will come in handy down the road. Good luck
My six line jumped out of the tank. I've now added a tight fitting mesh lid (so he can't get back in).
About how I felt when I saw him. Bitter sweet moment finding him.

OP
OP
AyoItsRocco

AyoItsRocco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So update again

My leapord Wrasse is still alive! She seems to stay buried all the time though. I guess she's eating but strange that she only comes out very rarely. She has her tail sticking out of the sand, but is indeed moving. Is this normal?

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was actually reading some of the traps people have made to get there wrasses out, some are pretty creative. I may try that becuase my blenny hides under my base rock and thats my boy, dont wanna scare him off :grinning-face-with-sweat:

One of the traps that look like a bubble with the mirror, those make it super easy to catch a six line. Mine stayed in it constantly fighting it's reflection.

OP
OP
AyoItsRocco

AyoItsRocco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the traps that look like a bubble with the mirror, those make it super easy to catch a six line. Mine stayed in it constantly fighting it's reflection.
The six-line actually jumped outta the tank last sunday lol, took him self out i guess

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

• I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back