Meanest fish....

schminksbro

Guardian of The Blue Glow
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Sunrise Dottyback who I would wager could take on a Great White. Whats the meanest fish that you have encountered?

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it's tomato clowns. They attack my hand when i try to feed. Very scary sometimes as they peck away!!

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for mean to ME, it is my clowns for sure! As for mean to other fish, it is my bicolor pseudochromis.

Yellowtang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow tail blue damsel picked on everthing and killed more than one fish before put in his own tank to live alone till died from old age.

JR,

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without question my Gold Striped Maroon...when this fish get's hungry it stares me down and then starts to knock over my frags, intentionally tips over corals. whenever my hand is in the tank and get's to close the thing bites me, meanest fish I have ever encountered, including the snakeheads, arrowana's and pirhana's I have owned

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Pseudochromis porphyreus (Purple Pseudochromis) in my 500 gal FOWLR system along with many "aggressive" fish including groupers, triggers, harlequin tusk and more. The little pseudo was great as there was tons of rock for him to shoot in and out of, and none of the big fish stood a chance catching this guy (too quick!). Well one day I noticed that my 12"+ Volitan lion was looking a bit under the weather, so later that night I pulled up a chair and watched what was happening. The little pseudo was shooting in and out of the rocks and nailing the lion faster than he could turn around! By the next morning (that was the soonest I could get him out... you don't just toss a 12" lion into a bucket or bag) the lion had little to no finnage left and was hurting badly. I was able to remove him and bring him back to health, but I'll never forget that littler b@$t@rd pseudo! I've kept them other times before with drastically different experiences, so it just goes to show that ALL fish have individual personalities.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 5'' Goldstripe Maroon clown that was the meanest B. that I had ever seen. I don't know how many times I got bit....I traded her away. She wouldn't bother any other fish, just me.

Leishman

143gadgets' Mentor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I needed a spotter when putting my hands in the tank when I had the crosshatch trigger pair. The female would draw blood from my hand every week. She hit so hard that my hand would move 5-6" from the impact.

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 5'' Goldstripe Maroon clown that was the meanest B. that I had ever seen. I don't know how many times I got bit....I traded her away. She wouldn't bother any other fish, just me.

so you had one of these monsters too! :neutral:

Yellowtang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I forgot about the triggers I had for a time around here every body was into triggers till they found out how honry they were and started giving them away. so I fired up the 180 into a unwanted fish depository. I think I had eight in there, don't remember now .. But feeding time was a real mess raw fish was just shredded and they wern't very good at cleaning up their mess so that was a chore.. But after a while the Niger trigger started just taking bites out of the others. He of course was the winner no one else could take his abuse!

JR

softiegirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my black/white clown, hands down! He bites me every second my hand is in the tank.. he even charges the mag float so hard i cant believe he doesnt knock himself out!!!

OP
OP
schminksbro

schminksbro

Guardian of The Blue Glow
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a maroon that bite me but he isn't big enough for it to hurt yet. When he was in the same tank with the imfamous dottyback he was kept in check.:haha:

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

see I had a maroon and gold and the dang thing was scared of his own shadow... Just goes to show you can't generalize

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 74 46.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back