Meat band on torch receding

mantisreefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2021
Messages
111
Reaction score
53
Location
boston
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, the meat band on one of my torch corals is receding a lot, but the one about 4 inches away (lower) looks perfectly healthy. Any reasons why one would be affected by something but not the other?
I took it off the rock, dipped it and put it in the sand bed for now. My only guess is it’s getting slightly more par/flow than the other one.
1st pic is when I first got it,2nd pic is what it looks like now and 3rd pic is of the healthy torch.

IMG_4288.jpeg IMG_4287.jpeg IMG_4286.jpeg
 
Try finding a spot with better flow in the tank, could be getting hit too hard from powerhead. Have you tried spot feeding it?
 
Definitely using meat band going forward.
 
Try finding a spot with better flow in the tank, could be getting hit too hard from powerhead. Have you tried spot feeding it?
Yea I spot feed the corals every 7-10 days with reef roids. I just think it’s strange one is affected and the other isn’t.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new