Meetings

GWHouston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to this forum. Do you have meetings for this club? I live in Winston county and am about to start my first reef tank.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, NARC is no longer an active club. I heard some talk about trying to start a new one in the area early in 2017 but I don't believe it went anywhere. Sorry!

There are a few knowledgeable members who still frequent these threads though.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can have a meeting if you'd like. We used to get together once a month at a shop on Saturdays around noon and everyone brought some refreshments.

I was thinking about holding one at my place, but I moved (to another neighborhood in Madison) and I had to start over with my 180. My tank is not full and not much to look at right now, but I live very close to Aquatic Cove. We can have a meeting here, and you can visit Aquatic Cove afterward. We might be able to talk someone about donating a door prize. I can certainly donate some pretty green zoa frags.

So let me know here if you'd like to have a meeting soon and which Saturday this month would be most convenient to you. We start from there.

OP
OP
GWHouston

GWHouston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best bet for me would be the 20th or the 27th. Let me know what you come up with and where. Restaurant or at Tomoko's or AC...

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can have a meeting if you'd like. We used to get together once a month at a shop on Saturdays around noon and everyone brought some refreshments.

I was thinking about holding one at my place, but I moved (to another neighborhood in Madison) and I had to start over with my 180. My tank is not full and not much to look at right now, but I live very close to Aquatic Cove. We can have a meeting here, and you can visit Aquatic Cove afterward. We might be able to talk someone about donating a door prize. I can certainly donate some pretty green zoa frags.

So let me know here if you'd like to have a meeting soon and which Saturday this month would be most convenient to you. We start from there.
Generous of you to offer! I might be able to make it on a Saturday this month.

GrumpyDaddy68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generous of you to offer! I might be able to make it on a Saturday this month.
Hi all,
I have had a small fresh water (10gal) for several years with a couple goldfish but last month I stopped buy at Aquatic Cove and I now have the itch for a saltwater tank.
I have been reading articles and watching lots of videos on youtube; however, it would be nice to seat down with some other hobbyist and ask questions before making mistakes.
Please let me know and I might join you.

Thanks,

PS. I live in Madison.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does Saturday January 20th work for everyone?
We can do a lunch meeting like we used to do.
We all can bring together some lunch items, chips, cups, plastic utensils, soft drink, etc.
We need head counts. Please let us know here if you are coming.

OP
OP
GWHouston

GWHouston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does Saturday January 20th work for everyone?
We can do a lunch meeting like we used to do.
We all can bring together some lunch items, chips, cups, plastic utensils, soft drink, etc.
We need head counts. Please let us know here if you are coming.
Since my birthday is Monday, my better half has asked that we do our celebration on the 20th. I was hoping that she would be OK with me doing the lunch but I'm sensing disappointment. So I better take a raincheck and hope we can have another meeting soon or if you can move it to the 27th, I'm there.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I simply picked a date to start the conversation on when to hold it. I can host it on 27th if that works better with everyone. I know some people will not be able to come. We just need to pick a date that works for the majority. So let's take a vote. Is 27th better for you all?

OP
OP
GWHouston

GWHouston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really looking forward to meeting you all. I'll try and not overwhelm you with questions.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back