OP
Wagonpitt

Wagonpitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kanaplex?

I have the prazipro, focus, metroplex and kanaplex for now. Getting furan2, general cure, ruby reef rally within a few days but cant say when that is someone has to get it for me. Anything else i should have on hand, these are some of the more comon ones ive seen recommended. Ive never used copper but thats available at lfs without prescription

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks i basically ordered everything on his must have list except fritz quick cure and nfg powder. Ill have to ask if i can get those aswell.
No problem, I've found it's best to have as much as you can so you're ready for any treatment necessary

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kanaplex?

I have the prazipro, focus, metroplex and kanaplex for now. Getting furan2, general cure, ruby reef rally within a few days but cant say when that is someone has to get it for me. Anything else i should have on hand, these are some of the more comon ones ive seen recommended. Ive never used copper but thats available at lfs without prescription

You could start the kanaplex + metroplex in QT now, and just add the Furan-2 in when you get it.

When you need to do your second prazi dose for the flukes(5-7 days after the first dose), you can use General Cure in place of the Metroplex. Don’t forget to dose the second dose of prazi in your display as well so he’s not reinfected when he goes back in.

OP
OP
Wagonpitt

Wagonpitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could start the kanaplex + metroplex in QT now, and just add the Furan-2 in when you get it.

When you need to do your second prazi dose for the flukes(5-7 days after the first dose), you can use General Cure in place of the Metroplex. Don’t forget to dose the second dose of prazi in your display as well so he’s not reinfected when he goes back in.
Thanks for all your help.

In qt should i dose the water or still feed the metroplex and kanaplex with focus.

When its time to dose qt with prazipro will that be a problem mixing with the other meds.

Thanks again

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ll want to dose the water, that’s why you’ll need him in QT first.

Mixing them is ok, just make sure the tank is very well aerated. I usually have a powerhead aimed at the surface and an airstone for good measure.

OP
OP
Wagonpitt

Wagonpitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got it into qt today and treated tank with furan 2 metroplex and kanaplex. In the pic is what i have as far as meds incase something else may work.

Today it seems alot more active but is also breathing very heavy. More then before, im wondering if reef rally or methylene blue would help relieve it of pain or stress its in.

Im not sure what each of these meds are or do so i have alot of reading
image.jpg

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got it into qt today and treated tank with furan 2 metroplex and kanaplex. In the pic is what i have as far as meds incase something else may work.

Today it seems alot more active but is also breathing very heavy. More then before, im wondering if reef rally or methylene blue would help relieve it of pain or stress its in.

Im not sure what each of these meds are or do so i have alot of reading
image.jpg
A methelyne blue bath would help with o2 transfer across the gills if he's struggling
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/methylene-blue.257467/

OP
OP
Wagonpitt

Wagonpitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for that. Now im not sure if i should take it out of qt for a 30 min bath or just leave it. Says its great to sooth their gills but not sure if it will be too much more stress or not.

Also should i continue feeding the focus+metro in my dt incase the other fish have something. ?

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s aeration? You really need to have oxygen overkill when mixing meds... might need to add another airstone.

If he doesn’t survive the MB bath, he likely wouldn’t have survived regardless. It’s one of the most gentle medications we use.

OP
OP
Wagonpitt

Wagonpitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ill give the methylene blue a try. Its laying on the side now. Still moves when i get close but looking bad. Methylene blue in the qt or seperate bath?

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ill give the methylene blue a try. Its laying on the side now. Still moves when i get close but looking bad. Methylene blue in the qt or seperate bath?

I would do a separate bath, MB can wipe out the bio filter in a QT pretty quickly... the last thing this guys needs is ammonia
:(

OP
OP
Wagonpitt

Wagonpitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a methylene blue bath in a bag with an airstone and transfered back into qt. Its heavy breathing slowed down a little but looked more exhausted after the bath.

It didnt bury into the sand to sleep like always and today its just laying on its side on the sand with same heavy breathing mouth wide open and swollen gills.

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a methylene blue bath in a bag with an airstone and transfered back into qt. Its heavy breathing slowed down a little but looked more exhausted after the bath.

It didnt bury into the sand to sleep like always and today its just laying on its side on the sand with same heavy breathing mouth wide open and swollen gills.
Do you have access to an oxygen tank?

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try another MB bath, I agree with @ngoodermuth that you will probably not want to dose it in the QT tank, ammonia builds quickly and very hard to monitor for it besides watching the fish's breathing. Other than that just make sure there is as much agitation in the water as possible for oxygen transfer

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Antibiotics are slow acting in fish, low light, low stress... small feedings and try to remove anything uneaten to keep the QT clean.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back