Melanurus and Leopard Wrasse

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a bonded pair (male 5" & female 3") of Melanurus Wrasses in my 125 along with a 6-line (1") and cleaner wrasse (4") and everyone is getting along great. A local reefer (who I got the female melanurus from) is offering me a Male Ornate Leopard (3") and I'm trying to decide if I should take it. The Leopard is eating everything (frozen, pellet, flake) - he has had it for over a year but he recently downsized tank and the Male is harassing the females to the point that they are just staying put in the sand bed non-stop. He has the male caught in an acclimation box.

Thoughts on adding this guy to my wrasse haven.

Last edited:

RC Reefer 5184

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just my two cents but that is a tough task if you ask me. Large enough tank yes but a already established melanurus pair and 6 line angry elf could be a tough go. But if you give it a go use your buddies acclimation box and see what happens. Good luck.

Terry Le

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have male and female Leopard and a Melanurus living together four plus years without any problems. Tank is 375 gallons with no other wrasses

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Six line Wrasse will give him trouble. They are after essentially the same prey, and Leopard wrasse is going to be too nice for the Sixline.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back