Melanurus and Leopard Wrasse

TSM Aquatics

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
I currently have a bonded pair (male 5" & female 3") of Melanurus Wrasses in my 125 along with a 6-line (1") and cleaner wrasse (4") and everyone is getting along great. A local reefer (who I got the female melanurus from) is offering me a Male Ornate Leopard (3") and I'm trying to decide if I should take it. The Leopard is eating everything (frozen, pellet, flake) - he has had it for over a year but he recently downsized tank and the Male is harassing the females to the point that they are just staying put in the sand bed non-stop. He has the male caught in an acclimation box.

Thoughts on adding this guy to my wrasse haven.

Last edited:
Champion Lighting & Supply

RC Reefer 5184

View Badges
Reaction score
Just my two cents but that is a tough task if you ask me. Large enough tank yes but a already established melanurus pair and 6 line angry elf could be a tough go. But if you give it a go use your buddies acclimation box and see what happens. Good luck.

Terry Le

View Badges
Reaction score
I have male and female Leopard and a Melanurus living together four plus years without any problems. Tank is 375 gallons with no other wrasses

Corals.com
TSM Aquatics

Do you think there are benefits to turning your skimmer off for periods of time?

• YES (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 89 28.1%
  • NO

Votes: 96 30.3%
  • Maybe but not sure

Votes: 123 38.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 9 2.8%
Omega Sea, LLC