Melting Xenia ?

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing the best I can :) thanks for ALL the support !

do your best is the best anyone can do ...

With the proper information it makes things a little easier .
You’re heading in the right direction .
Keep us posted .

Alvaro_Spain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once i skipped calibrating and had a 1.031 salinity for a few days in my new tank im cycling right now (a second 3 gal pico)
Is it a Dead sea native pico reef? ;Playful
Just kidding, If I were you I´d buy this gravity auto top-off for the pico. I have it in both my picos to eliminate salinity swings (deadly in picos). It keeps the salinity constant drop by drop.
Doing the best I can :) thanks for ALL the support !
Glad to see your tank issues are getting solved. Continue updating. Your zoas are somehow starting to open which is a good sign.
Remember salinity and temperature MUST be perfect, and from there on the rest of the parameters.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t seen a update for a few days. .

funny ...
My wife lives her “waving hands “
One looked like it was melting this morning. .
I don’t know if it was stung by something else in the tank ( frogspawn close ) or just Xenia nature ....,

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I didn't ask for anyone's opinion of what I should or shouldn't do though. I have 2 threads on here showing my reefs and not only have I made that clear that I don't want random advice, but I have also made it clear I am intentionally taking a hands-on approach and doing everything analog and manually on purpose. I also pointed out here and on my thread, I am doing many of the "don'ts" youre "not supposed" to do and you know what, nothing has died in my tank yet except one bad shrimp from the LFS that I also mentioned doesn't keep it's prams correct. There are plenty of people asking for advice on here, reply to them.
I believe the ops isn’t a pico
But a 75 gal ..

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I didn't ask for anyone's opinion of what I should or shouldn't do though. I have 2 threads on here showing my reefs and not only have I made that clear that I don't want random advice, but I have also made it clear I am intentionally taking a hands-on approach and doing everything analog and manually on purpose. I also pointed out here and on my thread, I am doing many of the "don'ts" youre "not supposed" to do and you know what, nothing has died in my tank yet except one bad shrimp from the LFS that I also mentioned doesn't keep it's prams correct. There are plenty of people asking for advice on here, reply to them.
Hmmmmmm

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does that have anything to do with what was stated to me by someone who isnt the op? the op asked questions bc of the xenia species and its reaction to being added into their new tank. My reply you quoted was to someone suggesting equipment for my tank that I never asked a question for and literally had nothing to do with the op's questions nor the thread as a whole.
Wow .......

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I think I'll make a mental note of that, and when they have issues, I'll not answer.

Not the attitude to have on these boards either.
We all end keyboard warriors to dictate they have their own way .
take no advice

sounds a lot like my ex wife .
knows everything about nothing .

Alvaro_Spain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was just a joke and some well intentioned advice taking into account you stated you had "1.031 salinity".
Let´s keep the forum friendly. Anyone can have a bad day ;)

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow @Lmcg8020 sorry your post got so highjacked and outta control. I hope somewhere in this Jedi sword battle you got the information you were looking for.
Not cool to those acting like children on here, you should be ashamed of youselves.
R2R is a welcoming community, and this is showing a negative side I didn't sign up to see.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I appreciate all the input really, I wanted to do this to have a great hobby and beautiful tank but feel I was poorly prepared. (Ill advised) Thank you
dont get discouraged, lfs need to sell their products... don't do much until you practice testing your water the same way every time and do that for a few weeks then you will truly see what the water is doing. keep having fun with it, it is a great hobby!

OP
OP
Lmcg8020

Lmcg8020

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never did see if you have an auto top off system? How are you dealing with daily evaporation because this is important for your future of stability
I haven’t been able to do enough research on them. What would you recommend?

OP
OP
Lmcg8020

Lmcg8020

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t seen a update for a few days. .

funny ...
My wife lives her “waving hands “
One looked like it was melting this morning. .
I don’t know if it was stung by something else in the tank ( frogspawn close ) or just Xenia nature ....,
Tank is doing good ;)

OP
OP
Lmcg8020

Lmcg8020

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS COULD BE?

69B04EF3-91FD-4F65-82E5-4E2067F6923A.jpeg B5FD44CF-19D1-45CD-BB34-47CDD913DC41.jpeg

Last edited:

jtp7004ft

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a Bristle worm.
I would start a new thread for this in the hitchhiker id forum, You will get more input.

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back