- Joined
- Jul 3, 2017
- Messages
- 14,869
- Reaction score
- 25,769
- Location
- The Outer Limits
- What state or country do you live in
- California
I have no heat issues. I ran an 8 bulb ati 4" off the surface before going to halides.You think 2x 250w fixtures would be enough for an Acropora dominate system? I'd likely add actinic Reef Brites on each side.
With the MH being outside of a canopy, does the MH affect the water temperature much?
People complain about heat from MH, but 99% of them are running it in a canopy. Just curious, if the heat is a non issue on open tanks.
I do run a 10" fan in the sump when the halides are on.
I would have no issues running 2 20x20's with 250's on your system.
My upgrade will be 72-84x36x20 and plan on the same with OR3 light bars as a supplement.
