Metronidazole

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's no point in doing that. You can feed it to the ones in the display, but I have serious doubts as to whether it actually works. I'd be willing to bet that once this is all over and you put those two fish back into the display they will have ick again. You're better off just removing the rocks and getting the rest of the fish out even if you have to break a few in strategic places to do it.

I removed some rocks got most fish out. There's 5 left. The more skiddish ones. I bought s fish trap should be here in a few days. Don't worry. I'm not gonna add anything for a few months.

Hemlawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm treating my QT now with Metro. I used a bag of Matrix from my DT and moved it to the QT to help with ammonia. Will the metro effect the matrix or bacteria?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm treating my QT now with Metro. I used a bag of Matrix from my DT and moved it to the QT to help with ammonia. Will the metro effect the matrix or bacteria?

Not much. It could temporarily put a dent in the bacteria population (as with just about any other med), but it won't kill it all off. The bacteria typically bounce back to normal quickly.

Hemlawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks! My Ammonia alert badge is slightly discolored. I used some bio-spira and did a 20% water change.

Mykesocalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if general cure can be overdosed if adding to food? I have GC and the focus looking to add it to 1 cube of thawed mysis. Ive seen the 1:1 ratio just looking to see how much of the 1:1 I should use?

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using one level Seachem measure of Focus/one level measure of General Cure for each feeding, but I feed a bit more than you do - one cube + a bit of a flat-pack, broken off. I honestly don't know whether that's overdosed, underdosed or just right, but it doesn't seem to be annoying anyone. I'm also using Selcon supplement and garlic as an appetite enhancer. One feeding, I forgot the Selcon and garlic - the response was less enthusiastic than usual . . .

You could add the meds to two cubes, mix, feed half of that, and then store the other half in your refrigerator until the next feeding.

~Bruce

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if general cure can be overdosed if adding to food? I have GC and the focus looking to add it to 1 cube of thawed mysis. Ive seen the 1:1 ratio just looking to see how much of the 1:1 I should use?

Bruce is right. Use the spoon that comes with the Focus. One scoop of each in a tablespoon of food is what you need.

Mykesocalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using one level Seachem measure of Focus/one level measure of General Cure for each feeding, but I feed a bit more than you do - one cube + a bit of a flat-pack, broken off. I honestly don't know whether that's overdosed, underdosed or just right, but it doesn't seem to be annoying anyone. I'm also using Selcon supplement and garlic as an appetite enhancer. One feeding, I forgot the Selcon and garlic - the response was less enthusiastic than usual . . .

You could add the meds to two cubes, mix, feed half of that, and then store the other half in your refrigerator until the next feeding.

~Bruce
Thank you!

Mykesocalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok one last question. My fish love live black worms, see any issue soaking the worms in the medication? Obviously the worms will die but any bad reactions other than that?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok one last question. My fish love live black worms, see any issue soaking the worms in the medication? Obviously the worms will die but any bad reactions other than that?

Not that I can see. They will die from it, so you'd have to feed them right away.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i mixed and waited thirty minutes with it refrigated and than fed do you think I could refrigerate left over till the next day? Like thawing mysis and doing the same?

Yes you can. I've used it for up to three days before tossing the leftovers and making a new batch (if there is any left by then)

Christoph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear all,

dosed my QT with pure metronidazole 48 hrs ago. Symptoms have improved a lot.

How stable is metronidazole in the water coulm? When and how much redosing is required?

How long should treatment be commenced?

Thanks!

Best,
Christoph

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How stable is metronidazole in the water coulm? When and how much redosing is required?

How long should treatment be commenced?

Redose every 48 hrs for 10-14 days. Water changes are not usually required during treatment, but wouldn't hurt anything either. ;)

Bluecbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr G's antibaterial caviar has metronidazole in it....if youre still looking for options

Bluecbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...hmmm...am i the only guy here that have used this product?.....

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...hmmm...am i the only guy here that have used this product?.....

I've used dr. Gs. My lfs says metro and focus together is more of an aggressive approach. For whatever reason the fish I always need to treat. Is the one who won't eat the dr. Gs.

Back