MH lamp or ballast issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter eric-c
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

eric-c

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2011
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Somerset, MA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get home yesterday and my MH is off, the fan is on so the ballast is getting power. The lamp doesn't look burnt out, but what do I know. I take the dogs outside to do there thing before they eat dinner and when I get back inside (5 minutes later) I smell a toasting ballast. The ballast is not hot to the touch however.

Has anyone experienced this? Is this a bad bulb making my electronic ballast burn out, or just a bad ballast that happened to toast just then?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new