OP
OP
mhowe9

mhowe9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are two things that I have been working on lately in regards to the tank.

1) I started to accumulate some livestock in order to get the fun part of this tank off the ground. The swap was a great place to start that. Below are some what I have picked up.

I picked these guys up last week

2) The second thing, is the I have been working on my sump and equipment. I recently purchased a Calcium reactor and have got that plumbed into my system. Also, I was feed my skimmer off the overflow and was getting inconsistent performance. Therefore, I decided to plumb it directly into the sump. On a bad note, the trash can that I used for my remote DSB is leaking and I have pulled it off of the system. I haven't decided yet whether I will make a new one or not. I see what effect it has on my system. Anyway, here is the latest pic of my sump design. (note the remote DSB is still in there)

OP
OP
mhowe9

mhowe9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the latest update. A couple of week back I had some leak issues with my old sump so I decided to replace it with a 110 gallon feed tank from tractor supply. Below is the pic of how it turned out. Happy to say, no leaks.

Since having the new sump and Calcium reactor set up my Corals are starting to do much better. I am started to see better polyp extension on the SPS that I got at the swap in January. Also, the soft Corals and zoos are doing well also. Below are some of the latest pics.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back