Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

MichiGang what up

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I'm currently on my second attempt at reefing: just over 1 year in on a 29 gallon mixed reef tank.

My first attempt was at age 13, back in '07/'08. Armed with only the "Saltwaterfish For Dummies" book, I started a 48 gallon bowfront tank that was given to me as a birthday present from an uncle. I was underprepared, severely underfunded, and the tank suffered a series of mishaps until I finally took it down before going to college. I converted it into a freshwater tank for my dad, and that was that.

In December of 2019 I started by 29 gallon mixed reef tank. I'll have a build thread out shortly, but overall the process has been more positive (probably because I've been more patient and better educated than when I was young). Definitely have had some difficulty with certain corals, have battled a few algae types, but overall, its been really positive!
Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 10.08.30 AM.png

A little about me: I'm a Michigander in the US, bigtime bookworm/video game nerd, love my dog to pieces, and work in the insurance industry. I love to travel, but Michigan has so many awesome places to visit and vacation so I don't have to go far to find new, beautiful places!

My tank build thread is here if you wanna check it out!
Hello and welcome to the channel.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back