Microbacter 7 & Microbacter Clean

ss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Has anyone had negative experiences using either of these products individually or combined together? Recently moved a 300 gallon system and running into some new tank issues, diatom on new sand, some dinoflagellate and cyanobacteria on the established rock. Clearly an in balance of bacteria and Microfauna. Nitrates and Phosphate only somewhat elevated because of consistent dosing.
Interested in dosing Microbacter 7 and Microbacter Clean to help establish correct bacteria ratios. Dont want to kill large sps colonies. Also considering using phytoplankton and adding more copepods. Issue is about 3 weeks old now.

please post experience with Microbacter 7 and Microbacter clean.

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Microbacter 7 is a bacteria source never had a negative experience I actually use microbacter xlm now I’ve never used the clean

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had negative experiences using either of these products individually or combined together? Recently moved a 300 gallon system and running into some new tank issues, diatom on new sand, some dinoflagellate and cyanobacteria on the established rock. Clearly an in balance of bacteria and Microfauna. Nitrates and Phosphate only somewhat elevated because of consistent dosing.
Interested in dosing Microbacter 7 and Microbacter Clean to help establish correct bacteria ratios. Dont want to kill large sps colonies. Also considering using phytoplankton and adding more copepods. Issue is about 3 weeks old now.

I held off answering because you specifically asked about experience. I see the responses haven’t been so hot. Here are some ideas.

Adding bottled bacteria to fight nuisance algae is something folks believe in. Just recently I came across a post showing a before and after photo of rock and sand surfaces covered with ugly looking growth that was treated with bottled bacteria. It looked like there was a decent amount of remission of the uglies.

I have not come across any issues with these products. In my book this means these products may or may not work but probably, will do no harm. So, money is the only thing to lose by trying it.

OP
OP
S

ss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Already have a half gallon of each. Always wise to ask for first hand experience before nuking a 8-10K of coral. Based on my understanding of these products, the worst I think could happen is a drop in oxygen, SPS don't like this.
I normally like waiting things out on new systems, but this was a tank move so most of the established bacteria came in. Just seems to be an imbalance between good and ugly organisms, mostly on the fresh new sand bed.

ocncheffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been dosing both to combat cyano and dinos. I've seen some limited success, and it seems to weaken both of those issues. It hasn't cleared it out completely however, and my tank is SPS dominant. I've seen no ill effects from dosing 15ml of clean and 15ml of bacter7 in a 90g tank daily.

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have used Microbacter7 many times. Just started Microbacter Clean about 10 days ago to help with mild new tank uglies from a tank upgrade that was done at the end of July. No negative effects. There hasn't been a miraculous improvement, but the algae does seem to be slowly improving.

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say go for it ! it’s only been a bit over a week for me so I don’t have anything to report for negative effects (if there are even any that is). You can see the before and after pictures of my system in the reef chemistry section if you’d like too see what changes occurred after dosing Microbacter Clean. For me it worked very well and fairly quickly at that.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already have a half gallon of each. Always wise to ask for first hand experience before nuking a 8-10K of coral. Based on my understanding of these products, the worst I think could happen is a drop in oxygen, SPS don't like this.
I normally like waiting things out on new systems, but this was a tank move so most of the established bacteria came in. Just seems to be an imbalance between good and ugly organisms, mostly on the fresh new sand bed.
I have used it and it will reduce po4 so just monitor it.
I know someone who uses it control po4 so its pretty reef safe.
Never used the other one.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not used them I would expect mb7 to be a mixture of culture bacteria and clean will be a mixture of bacteria, dissolved organic carbon and phosphorus with any bacteria product designed to clean precautions should be implemented as they will lower nutrients, you may notice that often this products will also have a limit in use as if overdosed it may create a bacterial bloom.
The issues you may be experiencing at the moment may be connected to the diatom bloom they will be using nutrients fairly quickly wile growing in size if possible try and add a media that will remove silica from your system and end the diatom bloom faster the other alternative would be to artificially increase nutrient to compensate for the diatom use.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back