Mini Brittle Star Spawning

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mitchell
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mitchell

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2011
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
Location
Ontario, Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tony gave me a few mini brittle stars tonight while I was there getting Monte the Mantis.

This little guy took a shining to a small hole on some Tonga Branch


Ophiactis-spp. by in his image, on Flickr

I guess the excitement was just too much for him to handle because after a few moments in there he came out, slowly arched up and then the fun began...and kept going...and going...

Probably induced by the change of water params in a new tank. Hopefully its not a distress discharge to populate before he dies. I think I acclimated them long enough.


Ophiactis-spp.-Spawning3 by in his image, on Flickr


Ophiactis-spp.-Spawning2 by in his image, on Flickr


Ophiactis-spp.-Spawning1 by in his image, on Flickr


Ophiactis spp. Spawning by in his image, on Flickr

Hope you enjoyed the show.....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new