Mini Complete Tank... World's Smallest Reef?

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem with the shrimp is, that tank won't kill him, or make him act like he's dying. Like how a dog kept in a too-small backyard and never taken out won't die. Depth of sandbed doesn't matter, it's about square footage, and there really isn't enough in such a small tank for an active critter like a pistol shrimp. Their burrow system covers a pretty wide area compared to their size.

Maybe try sexy shrimp instead.
If you watch the video youd see I am only planning on keeping him in here for a little bit of time.

I understand where you are coming from, but once an established burrow is made they wont stray far from that. Hes made his burrow and is eating and colors are looking amazing.. see where your stance is but you wouldve known this is temporary if you would watch the videos!

Thanks for the input tho

r20crazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update?

I'm having huge temp swings in mine despite central ac. 26c at night to 29c at lights off. coral doesnt seem to mind

Last edited:
OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even with the controller I have large swings in temp too!! Luckily not much as for stocking so the swings are not too bad!

Pistol Pete is living his best life still!

Bigdaddy05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any more updates recently got one of these tanks too just have live rock and dragons breath macro with a hermit and a couple tiny snails I put media from my display into the tiny sump lol waiting on a replacement light as the one sent has diodes out in the middle! Interested to hear if urs is still going

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates to this? I saw these last year and it's on my "might buy" list. :-D

I have a question... If you have to access the sump for whatever reason does all the water drain from the main tank when you take it off? I saw the setup video and couldn't see a way of removing the top tank without all the water draining out where the pump comes up into the tank and the water flows down into the sump. How do people do this so you don't kill inverts? I'm assuming corals might be OK up to a point.

Bigdaddy05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates to this? I saw these last year and it's on my "might buy" list. :-D

I have a question... If you have to access the sump for whatever reason does all the water drain from the main tank when you take it off? I saw the setup video and couldn't see a way of removing the top tank without all the water draining out where the pump comes up into the tank and the water flows down into the sump. How do people do this so you don't kill inverts? I'm assuming corals might be OK up to a point.
The water doesn't all drain

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back