Minimalist Aquascaping

  • Thread starter Thread starter gpwdr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I am not sure if this qualifies or not. Been running a week. There's really very little rock in the tank, and I tried to follow the rule of thirds as much as I could. It's Marco Rock, held together with mortar.


Very nice, are you going to use a sand bed?

Imo it would look nice with a lot of the same color and same kind of coral with a color accent at one of the thirds.

What ideas do you have for corals?

Gene
 
I am not sure if this qualifies or not. Been running a week. There's really very little rock in the tank, and I tried to follow the rule of thirds as much as I could. It's Marco Rock, held together with mortar.


What do you think about a little less rock on the right front with some tall Gorgonians ?

Gene
 
I don't plan on using any sand. Barebottom for now (PVC bottom on this tank).
I plan on moving two of the rocks on the right side after the tank is a little older. One of them is a seed rock from a friend's sump, the other is just there to help it sit securely for now. Those two MP40s are blowing pretty strong at times.
 
I don't plan on using any sand. Barebottom for now (PVC bottom on this tank).
I plan on moving two of the rocks on the right side after the tank is a little older. One of them is a seed rock from a friend's sump, the other is just there to help it sit securely for now. Those two MP40s are blowing pretty strong at times.

I have 3 MP40s on a 120 gallon. You have chosen a couple of really good pumps.

gene
 
This is the kind of aquascaping I would love to do in My new Tank

P3130011_zps47d6ee52.jpg
P3130085_zpsf5382e0b.jpg


Gene

P3130011_zps47d6ee52.jpg


P3130085_zpsf5382e0b.jpg
 
****I know you used PVC but what kind of epoxy did you use?

Thanks. (40 Gallon)
I used a combo of bonds since it took a couple months to build.
•JB water weld, TLF aquarium epoxy, etc.... & superglue to hold.

Zip ties were the key.
PVC is only on the base, everything is from large marco rocks broken down and glued together.
 
Last edited:
I love everyones simplicity of structures here. Nice thread.

I agree we use to have to load up the tanks with live rock and buy every kind of coral we can get our hands on.

With a 1" sand bed and a macro algae refugium it looks like we can keep well thought out aquascaped reef aquariums.

Gene
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new