Miracle Mud.. Anyone using it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter J Rog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
i have approxiamately 3 inchs of miracle mud in my 24"x24"fuge i also put a 1" agronite bed on top of it to keep it from constantly getting stirred by my fuge flow and it works wonders my macro algae grows like weeds in my fuge

Nice, have you noticed a difference in corals and fish?
 
my fish thrive what little corals i have spread like a disease kenya tree gsp and some brown palys
 
I've seen it used with great success. I just started using it myself. Apparently its mostly just fine sand and works like a deep sand bed without being so deep. Not sure if all the claims about replenishing trace elements are true. I kind of started using it because it came in a sump I purchased used. I wouldn't have spent the price for it though. Seems overpriced to me.
-Cham
 
I have been using it for quit some time with excellent results. I also use a protein skimmer in the drain chamber. When Ecosystem first started they claimed that a skimmer was not needed. I added one to mine and have been very happy. If you go to their website the new Ecosystem sumps offer a skimmer. I am running a 30 long under my 90 gallon with 20Lbs of mud and 3 types of cularpa. You change out 10Lbs every other year, so cost really isn't an issue.
I am all for it! My corals grow like crazy.

Cheers Chris
 
I have had the mud in my sump for about 7 days. i have found that my PH has gone up a little bit. It was ranging from 7.8-8.0 before the mud. Now its ranging from 8.0-8.2
Anyone else finding its raising their PH?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new