Miracle Mud Reef?

Jeremy K.A.

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2017
Messages
292
Reaction score
147
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I'm restarting my 5 gallon nano sometime this week or next week and when asked if I was going to use sand or go bare bottom I wasn't sure.. but now I was thinking, Why not use miracle mud/ mineral mud? I've never used it before, but I've heard of people using it and giving great reviews, however that was in the sump and not in the display.. Could I use that instead of sand? Would there be any negatives to doing so?
 
In a sump, the flow is typically much lower than a DT. This keeps the mud from creating a "storm cloud". In a DT it may cloud the water due to the flow.
JMTCW.
 
Sounds like it's very fine particulates.. The 5 gallon tank has I believe a 75ish gph return pump. Are there any other DT suitable substrates that are mineral rich like the muds?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new