Missing fish

NewEnglishMutt

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2014
Messages
67
Reaction score
6
Location
Lemoore, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished cycling my new 60gal. Got some live rock, a little algae growth, a few snails and two Talbot Damsels. I put the second damsel in yesterday morning. They were introduced one day apart. This morning I wake up and notice only one damsel. I looked everywhere. There aren’t many rocks I overturned every single one, checked the wave maker, the heater, the inlet and outlet for the canister filter. The thing vanished into thin water. Any ideas?
95a1fb6813f9942b371ab4dfd2f929e3.jpg
 
Maybe he jumped? If any of mine jump, the dog eats them. If it died or was killed, your snails and crabs could’ve eaten it all by the time you woke up. Also, is it possible there’s a mantis in your tank? Maybe one came on your rock...


Nice tank, btw!
 
Maybe he jumped? If any of mine jump, the dog eats them. If it died or was killed, your snails and crabs could’ve eaten it all by the time you woke up. Also, is it possible there’s a mantis in your tank? Maybe one came on your rock...


Nice tank, btw!

I have a glass top, no way for it to jump. No crabs just snails, and only 5 at that, they’re all still on the same rocks they were on when I went to bed. I doubt there’s anything more than a bristle worm at most in the rocks I bought, it’s hard to find rocks with anything living more than bacteria around my area. My only thought is maybe the other damsel ate it? But I’d expect to find SOMETHING. The new damsel is the missing one, a little smaller than the remaining fish.

Thanks for the compliment! It’s a good start but a lot left to do!
 
I have a glass top, no way for it to jump. No crabs just snails, and only 5 at that, they’re all still on the same rocks they were on when I went to bed. I doubt there’s anything more than a bristle worm at most in the rocks I bought, it’s hard to find rocks with anything living more than bacteria around my area. My only thought is maybe the other damsel ate it? But I’d expect to find SOMETHING. The new damsel is the missing one, a little smaller than the remaining fish.

Thanks for the compliment! It’s a good start but a lot left to do!
I’ve never seen a damsel eat another fish. I guess it’s possible. I have had a fish get stuck in a rock. Maybe he will show up soon.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new