Missing fish?

cadroved67

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I woke up to one fish in my tank. I have or had 2 clown fish but one is gone. It is a quarantine tank so there’s not very much in it. My filter cannot suck in any fish as well as as of the powerhead. Would it be possible for one clown to eat the other. I am so confused. I do have a cat but he never goes after the fish! Plus i have a top on it and it would have fell of if he was getting into it. Help soo confused!

OP
OP
C

cadroved67

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I woke up to one fish in my tank. I have or had 2 clown fish but one is gone. It is a quarantine tank so there’s not very much in it. My filter cannot suck in any fish as well as as of the powerhead. Would it be possible for one clown to eat the other. I am so confused. I do have a cat but he never goes after the fish! Plus i have a top on it and it would have fell of if he was getting into it. Help soo confused!
I even pulled out my stand nothing there!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 56

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's possible the fish jumped out of the tiny crack into the lid behind the stand. I would check behind again to make sure, if it isn't there its possible your cat ate it.

OP
OP
C

cadroved67

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's possible the fish jumped out of the tiny crack into the lid behind the stand. I would check behind to make sure, if it isn't there its possible your cat ate it.
I checked behind nothing! I know he didn’t cuz the lid would fell off or things would have knocked over. Or even water on my desk but there isn’t

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seeing your quarantine tank it looks like a cricket enclosure, so the remaining clownfish is very small, most small fish can't knock things over. Look inside the blue ball it might be hiding in there but if it isn't there your cat might have eaten it. Or it got somewhere in the stand where you can't see.

OP
OP
C

cadroved67

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seeing your quarantine tank it looks like a cricket enclosure, so the remaining clownfish is very small, most small fish can't knock things over. Look inside the blue ball it might be hiding in there but if it isn't there your cat might have eaten it. Or it got somewhere in the stand where you can't see.
Yeah not in there! It just one of the temporary fish tanks from petco. I’ll have to do more looking! I have a question totally unrelated but maybe you can help. So i am quarantining for velvet it’s been 6 weeks fallow. But i make a mistake and put my hand from qt tank to the dt i believe it was mostly dry. Would that reset my 6 weeks?

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea one of my flasher wrasse went missing for a month and I found him 4 feet away from my fish tank dried up. I'm not sure about the velvet question, I don't think velvet can transfer from human hands to another tank but maybe someone else will have a definite answer.

OP
OP
C

cadroved67

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea one of my flasher wrasse went missing for a month and I found him 4 feet away from my fish tank dried up. I'm not sure about the velvet question, I don't think velvet can transfer from human hands to another tank but maybe someone else will have a definite answer.
Oh no! Definitely possible gonna search my whole room later. Also doing a test if saltwater will leave a residue on my cats paw. Okay thank you!

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! Definitely possible gonna search my whole room later. Also doing a test if saltwater will leave a residue on my cats paw. Okay thank you!
No problem sorry to hear about your troubles. Sidenote cats will also eat fish on the floor.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it managed to get out of the tank I would suspect the cat at that point. Mine brought a clown fish upstairs from the basement that had managed to jump out of the tank.

RedFrog211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah not in there! It just one of the temporary fish tanks from petco. I’ll have to do more looking! I have a question totally unrelated but maybe you can help. So i am quarantining for velvet it’s been 6 weeks fallow. But i make a mistake and put my hand from qt tank to the dt i believe it was mostly dry. Would that reset my 6 weeks?
No, this wouldn’t reset your time! The parasites in DT still are unable to feed on fish, starving them out. I also let my tank sit fallow- worst 76 days of my life! Haha

OP
OP
C

cadroved67

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, this wouldn’t reset your time! The parasites in DT still are unable to feed on fish, starving them out. I also let my tank sit fallow- worst 76 days of my life! Haha
Really wow I’m shocked i was ready to do another 6 weeks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back