Mitras 7206 Light Program Suggestions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm primarily 'pick a color temperature then intensity' and be done with it, but I'm wondering if I need to do something more custom. I'm welcoming recommendations.

Numbers.JPG

That's the full power program
  • If every LED was 100%, I'd get close to 385 at surface rather than 220-250
  • UV at 100% and HyperRed at 0% catches my eye. Should I be running UV run at 100%?
  • From GHL's graph, I'm getting 50% of max power output
  • I want to increase the PAR to top corals > 200.
  • I notice some SPS frags seem to be turning green. Many variables beyond light, but @saltyfilmfolks post about too much of a particular WaveLength caught my eye. Vast majority of the tank seems happy, yet growth feels slower than expected. The tank did run to0 clean for a short period, but my pink setosa (most reactionary coral) has since recovered and regrown over the little white spots on base (0.0 P04 for a bit too long).
  1. Should I overdrive the uv, hyper violet, blue and under-drive the green/red to increase output?
  2. Should I increase green/red and live with a different color temperature
  3. The energy settings seem to cap output at 80%, should I change that setting to 100% and stay with program?
I've been running the above for 12 weeks. Greatly appreciate feedback.

GHL_Default.JPG

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm primarily 'pick a color temperature then intensit
Me too. Without a very very deep knowledge of coral pigments and photosynthetic reaction to specific Nm of light and a lock of a spectrometer used in conjunction with a par meter, this method works just fine.

Many , even with the guidance of a par meter , still make both color and overall intesnity adjustments over time in search of their sweet spot.

OP
OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too. Without a very very deep knowledge of coral pigments and photosynthetic reaction to specific Nm of light and a lock of a spectrometer used in conjunction with a par meter, this method works just fine.

Thank you. I was a bit surprised that 16k implied 100% uv and 0% red, so I wanted to double check with others. You said you learned you were overdoing a particular Nm, so I was wondering if I should have less UV and more blue/white/red

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I have decreased the UV in one of my tanks to see if there is an effect.
In my other tank there is no UV. :rolleyes:
But I turned a ricordia green on the bottom. And several acros green on top. I suspect there is something in the blue green NM range doing this.

To make matters even more silly, while this has been going on, I made the dreaded tri color Vileda turn the perfect tri color. Again, :rolleyes:
So as Mr Riddles guides and stickies here will show, different corals from different depths respond differently to to different frequency.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Under the energy tab in GHL control, is the mitras in high efficiency or high output? Changing to high output and/or increasing the power level there will increase your PAR some.

Personally I max out the Royal blue, violet, and UV channels during peak. That's the spectrum corals love. The "blue-white" channel is also mostly royal blue.

cpllongjk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you look at the link below GHL has posted some user-made lighting schedules. I personally use D2Mini's schedule on High Efficiency Mode. I still need to tweak the schedule to my liking. These schedules are a great way to get started. My problem is that I am coming from t5 and MH and they are pretty much set it and forget it. While LEDs should be the same way with all these channels there's more room for getting things wrong.

It would be amazing if someone could replicate the CoralLab SPS AB+ schedule. A lot of research has gone into it and Im sure the Mitras can replicate the color and intensity of the Radions. Plus, you will get better color mixing and light dispersion with the Mitras.

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/support/light-composer-projects/

OP
OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resurrecting my old thread

Have people increased the maximum allowed temperature? I believe it defaults to 60C, I increased it barely to 62C. With fans at 100%, I appear to be thermally limited at about 60-70% of max output. I'd like to increase power more, but doesn't seem to be an option. The temperature in the house is < 80F. My lights are 12" above the waterline, I'm considering lowering to increase power.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back