Mixed Anemone Tank (BTA, Maxi Mini, Riterri)

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting a new 90g clown harem / anemone tank shortly, and was curious about others experiences keeping different types of anemones within the same tank.

For reference, I have reviewed the Anemone Compatibility Spreadsheet, however I'm looking for experiences from other reefers with mixed nem tanks.

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have BTAs and a Sebae in the same tank, no issues. One BTA is somewhat close (3-4") from the sebae and they literally avoid each other.

coral49

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a BTA, haddoni and maxi mini in 1 tank. No issues. The maxi is right next to BTA. The haddoni moved away from BTA early on, not sure why. Could be light or flow or BTA. Like my children they don't tell why. Been this way for years

Patricia Hefner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a condy, two bubble tips and an ultra flower anemone in a 60 gallon.

The bubble tip split into two. The two bubble tips stay on the same rock/sand bed; far right of aquarium. They have not moved since the split and only moved once when placed in the tank.

The condy moves from top rock to bottom rock/sand bed; mid aquarium. Condy moves every couple months. I had to move coral away from her path the first time she moved and have left that area clear of coral. My cleaner shrimp aggravated condy for a month, getting stung a few times while trying to take thawed shrimp from the tentacles.... Now they seem to have a symbiotic relationship.

The ultra rock flower nem stays to the left side of the tank, mid rock in a shaded area, it never moves.
22d0a36fd68d08020c9d931cf9849b97.jpg

Last edited:

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a variety of anemones over the years and had very little issue with mixing them in the same tank. I can't say the same thing about having a harem of clowns though. I had 4 tomato clowns and 5 cinnamon clowns that were all juveniles in a 75g hexagon tank. One by one they disappeared until there were just 2 left and they were mates for many years.

Back