Mixing Fairy Wrasse

emilybell1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a solar wrasse in my 150 for close to a year and am looking to add more fairies. I also have a yellow coris, red coris, melanarus, blue star leopard, mccosker’s, and carpenters. There is no aggression between them and I’ve never had a problem with new wrasse additions. I was interested in adding an orange back and yellow flanked. I know those are from the same complex but was wondering if anyone was keeping multiples from that complex and if it might be possible if carefully introduced? My solar has never even looked twice at another fish but of course don’t want to have problems.

Last edited:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a solar wrasse in my 150 for close to a year and am looking to add more fairies. I also have a yellow coris, red coris, melanarus, blue star leopard, mccosker’s, and carpenters. There is no aggression between them and I’ve never had a problem with new wrasse additions. I was interested in adding an orange back and yellow flanked. I know those are from the same complex but was wondering if anyone was keeping multiples from that complex and if it might be possible if carefully introduced? My solar has never even looked twice at another fish but of course don’t want to have problems.
I wouldn’t risk it since solons seem to be one of the more aggressive fairy wrasses and can be terrors to other fairy wrasse. If you really want to try it I would get wrasse like Naokoae that have similar behaviour in terms of aggression.

Back