Mixing pump ISSUE

radreef02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Issue with mixing station pump not moving any water

Am I getting something wrong here ?

Currently I have everything setup, there’s 15g of water in the bottom container. When I open all valves that go from the bulkhead to the pump and turn on the pump I get no water movement.

Any reason. This would be ? Panworld 50x

image.jpg image.jpg

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see 3 valves you need to open, are you opening them all? Ideally you would want to open them all first, then turn the pump on so there a bit of water already in the pump for a prime. These types of pumps do not pull very well, and as such should be mostly gravity fed.

OP
OP
radreef02

radreef02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I see 3 valves you need to open, are you opening them all? Ideally you would want to open them all first, then turn the pump on so there a bit of water already in the pump for a prime. These types of pumps do not pull very well, and as such should be mostly gravity fed.

All 3 valves are opened when trying to pump. Those pics are after trying it the pump is a tad bit higher than the bulkhead but shouldn’t the water just flow through regardless because there’s so much in the bucket ? Or am I wrong

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pressure should force it to the pump. I originally had my panworld setup very similar to the way you have it, and it worked fine.

Maybe remove the pump, throw it in a bucket of water with some left over PVC pipes and see if it pumps?

Maybe even remove the union right above the pumps output, turn the valves and see if you get water that far? If you do, perhaps it's the pump itself?

OP
OP
radreef02

radreef02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
by the way, update: i fixed it

There was no way for the water to exit the pump haha, i thought it would circulate out one side. I was thinking too narrow minded. Just opened up the top valve and bam. LOL

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back