Mixing Station Inspiration

ReefKeeper09

Clownfish Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title mentions, I need some inspiration. I have 2 Water Containers I have picked up to make a mixing station with. I need some inspiration... Post up a picture of your stations so I can get some ideas. Also, Let me know what you have found out that you would change with your setup... Was there something you would have done differently & Why? I'm curious too, I see some guys plumb PVC inside the Saltwater mixing tank that have adjustable outlets to help circulate the salt within the water and keep it off the bottom... Do you all do that as well? If so, how did you go about it. . . I've got most of the stuff I need to get this station up and running, but want to iron out a few things that have me curious.

Thank You everyone in advance. :)

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
ReefKeeper09

ReefKeeper09

Clownfish Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You!

Still don't quite see what I was curious of on the inside of the Saltwater Mixing tank...

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel you. I finally made a build thread when I swapped out tanks for a warranty replacement and NO ONE has looked at it. Did not even get a badge. I feel like a schmuck! Haha
I guess I needed more of a grabber title to get views. I gave up on it if no one cares. Kinda a bummer
I think you have to request the build thread banner here is a link https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/so-you-want-a-build-thread-contributor-badge.590311/ . It has been a while sine I did it. Hope this helps.

Fredinva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up my mixing station down in my basement, almost directly below my new 125 Fowlr/dc. That's fish only with live rock and dead coral. I'm old school and I had to throw in a few pieces of my old bleached coral.
Anyway, my Reverse Osmosis system is in the basement also. RODI water goes into a brute 44 gal. Up on my old work bench is a vintage 1970 AllGlass 30gal tank. I have a 12volt pump in each container, with 2 1/4in lines and four wires leading from the tanks up to my 125 dt in the fam. room. A small 12v lawn tractor battery powers the pumps. Ahh, A heater in each container also. Two switches are up next to the dt: one for rodi and one for salt water. I found a real good 12v submersible pump made by RULE. (Rule IL200, less than $30). Actually I think it's a bilge pump. I think its advertised as 26ft head. Thus it has no trouble pumping water up one floor. Beats carrying heavy buckets upstairs!!!

20211011_202219.jpg

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here‘s mine with ATO and AWC

I have my water change station in the basement. Automaticity keeps RODI full, automaticity tops off tank with the RODi, and I hit a switch and change 10% of the saltwater weekly. Pumps take old saltwater out and push saltwater up one floor to my living room.

76C56C40-B088-4549-87DC-6605C79501ED.jpeg

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up my mixing station down in my basement, almost directly below my new 125 Fowlr/dc. That's fish only with live rock and dead coral. I'm old school and I had to throw in a few pieces of my old bleached coral.
Anyway, my Reverse Osmosis system is in the basement also. RODI water goes into a brute 44 gal. Up on my old work bench is a vintage 1970 AllGlass 30gal tank. I have a 12volt pump in each container, with 2 1/4in lines and four wires leading from the tanks up to my 125 dt in the fam. room. A small 12v lawn tractor battery powers the pumps. Ahh, A heater in each container also. Two switches are up next to the dt: one for rodi and one for salt water. I found a real good 12v submersible pump made by RULE. (Rule IL200, less than $30). Actually I think it's a bilge pump. I think its advertised as 26ft head. Thus it has no trouble pumping water up one floor. Beats carrying heavy buckets upstairs!!!

20211011_202219.jpg
Replace that metal clamp with a plastic clamp before you have any issues :)

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stainless steel, should not be an issue.
Common misconception that stainless means it doesn't rust, it will. Especially when permanently submerged in RO/Marine environments were the resistance is further weakened. Not worth the risk for a few dollars on a plastic clip.

Back