Mixing trace elements in ro water

juboy27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ok so got my ICP test back and this is what I need to dose, listed on the what I need to dose per day over so many days which I have listed below

Can anyone confirm with me the below if it would work or not thanks

Dose bottle 1:

Barium dose 16.78ml par day for 4 days

Chromium dose 0.05 for 28 days

Cobalt dose 0.04 for 12 days

Iron 0.04 for 29 day

Manganese 0.15 for 34 days

Nickel 0.20 for 32 days

Zinc 0.52 for 25 days

Copper dose 0.05 for 10 days

Dose Bottle 2:

Vanadium 0.05 for 34 days

Iodine dose 0.47 for 2 days

Selenium 0.04 for 12 days

If I times each amount by the number of days on each one then total the totals up and put them into a dose bottle of RO water and dose over 34 days for dose bottle 1 and same for dose bottle 2

And would these elements mixed together in dose bottle one okay and dose bottle two

Would this work?

In the photo there is someone that has done this already just would like some reinsurance that can be done this way

IMG_4373.jpeg

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would not follow that advice about barium. It has no known use in any organism.

I also do not see how a single icp can justify anything except a single corrective dose since no one knows the consumption rate in your tank. I expect they are taking a guess.

OP
OP
juboy27

juboy27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would not follow that advice about barium. It has no known use in any organism.

I also do not see how a single icp can justify anything except a single corrective dose since no one knows the consumption rate in your tank. I expect they are taking a guess.
That’s right, this is a single corrective dose that I want to do over a month. All I need to know can I mix the above together?

OP
OP
juboy27

juboy27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my ICP results

Attachments

• IMG_0435.png
    IMG_0435.png
    201.1 KB · Views: 19

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s right, this is a single corrective dose that I want to do over a month. All I need to know can I mix the above together?

Sorry, that is not all you need to know.

I don’t believe your assertion is correct. It’s not a single corrective dose. It is advising 29 days of doses, and in some cases, each one is the full value of the recommended reading. Iron, for example. That dose may be fine, but it is a guess.

As to mixing, I cannot say whether that is ok or not since the chemical forms and concentrations are not indicated. Some trace elements will interact with one another and may make less soluble or less useful forms.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry, that is not all you need to know.

I don’t believe your assertion is correct. It’s not a single corrective dose. It is advising 29 days of doses, and in some cases, each one is the full value of the recommended reading. Iron, for example. That dose may be fine, but it is a guess.

As to mixing, I cannot say whether that is ok or not since the chemical forms and concentrations are not indicated. Some trace elements will interact with one another and may make less soluble or less useful forms.
To the OP - I might ask the company if this will work or cause issues (assuming you're using the same company for your elements).

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 46.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.3%
Back