Mixing Tropic Marin A- & K+ Trace Elements

dr1271

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I'm currently doosing Tropic Marin's Original Balling Method for about the past year. I manually dose their trace elements, but have a single Bubble Magus Doser sitting around.

Would it be safe to mix the two (A- & K+) together and dose these through a single doser??

Maxout

Billldg

GHL Bound
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I'm currently doosing Tropic Marin's Original Balling Method for about the past year. I manually dose their trace elements, but have a single Bubble Magus Doser sitting around.

Would it be safe to mix the two (A- & K+) together and dose these through a single doser??
Are you using any type of 2-part? I am starting the @Bulk Reef Supply hybrid method, and I will eventually mix those with the 2-part. Mixing them together, I am guessing is a no go, as they would have done it from the get go.

OP
dr1271

dr1271

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Are you using any type of 2-part? I am starting the @Bulk Reef Supply hybrid method, and I will eventually mix those with the 2-part. Mixing them together, I am guessing is a no go, as they would have done it from the get go.
I'm using the Tropic Marin balling method which is a three part. The trace elements that TM sells are in two separate containers and I manually dose those in equal parts.

Just curious if mixing these together into one container would be possible to utilize one dosing pump to set this up on automation.

Billldg

GHL Bound
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I'm using the Tropic Marin balling method which is a three part. The trace elements that TM sells are in two separate containers and I manually dose those in equal parts.

Just curious if mixing these together into one container would be possible to utilize one dosing pump to set this up on automation.
I am not sure that would be wise. I would imagine that if it were possible, Tropic Marin would have done it. Maybe @Randy Holmes-Farley will have some insight into whether or not they can be mixed, but I would say no they can't.

Reef Chasers Aquaculture
OP
dr1271

dr1271

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Thanks. I’m about finished with my Balling powder mix and may just switch over to A4R and use use the other two dosers for trace elements.

any advice would be appreciated for one switching from Balling to A4R. I’m currently dosing 46ml of each in a Waterbox 70.2. (45g total water displacement)

Nerdist Aquarist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Can't really comment much on A4R, as I have not used it. However I have briefly tried Carbocalcium, which is basically the main component of A4R. However I went back to 2 part. I prefer to have control over each part rather than a single additive. I suppose if you do regular water changes that would help with any imbalance that may occur especially on smaller tanks, my goal is to do as few as possible.

Also: If you're dosing A4R, I don't think you'd need additional trace elements, it's all included.

Do you house a "Reef Safe" Angelfish in your reef tank?

• YES and it's going good

Votes: 185 40.5%
  • YES but it's not working out

Votes: 13 2.8%
  • NO I have tried it in the past and it didn't work out

Votes: 41 9.0%
  • NO I haven't tried yet

Votes: 203 44.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 15 3.3%
Santa Monica Filtration