Mobile site extremely slow

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mobile site had been deathly slow as of late. The majority of the site will load but then will hang on loading the header and the members online list. This lasts for about 30 sec before it finishes. I have tried on multiple devices as well... #admin

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the multiple devices on the same network? Running R2R on Samsung S8 on Verizon and everything is lickidy split

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Different locations same results. I think it's the reefapalooza header that's causing it but not positive

Luno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use tapatalk.

it's great, fast, reliable and especially for posting pics straight from your phone.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on a pixel which has no bloatwear. It all started when the banner was changed to the reefapalooza one. Not sure if it makes a difference but that's when I noticed it

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm on a pixel which has no bloatwear. It all started when the banner was changed to the reefapalooza one. Not sure if it makes a difference but that's when I noticed it

We changed to a new banner a couple days ago. I’ll work on getting the file size down for you.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Use tapatalk.

it's great, fast, reliable and especially for posting pics straight from your phone.

You can do that through our mobile site as well plus it helps our sponsors unlike Tapatalk.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree I'm not sure what is causing it. I kinda doubt it's the banner. I'm thinking something else might be causing it. It just loads at the same time as the banner. If you watch the video on the link @eatbreakfast posted, that's exactly how my phone loads. On one of my devices, it was still loading the old banner and the same thing was happening. This is why I think it's not the banner.

I have tried it at my home as well as at my work and on a couple different devices. The new banner that showed up today with the eel is doing it as well...

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe this to be an issue with Chrome. We have similar problems on our local club forum (different software) and we’ve narrowed it down to the Chrome browser.

I think something changed recently (within the last 3 months) as a result of Spectre and it screws with some functions that Chrome relies on. Just my guess.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mobile Chrome I guess you're specifying as Chrome on my desktop is flawless

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mobile Chrome I guess you're specifying as Chrome on my desktop is flawless
Nope, both. The issue, for us, was fairly randomly occurring. I didn’t have the time the sit there and watch it closely enough to figure out the specific issue. What I did notice was a strange spike in GPU usage right when the loading would slow. Given the issue here seems to be with a graphic, I’d assume the same.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fix for us was to remove some GPU intensive components. Fixed the issue right up.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back