Mobius App via Wifi

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For most of us normal people there is no difference between these 2 groups
A Pet Life isn't a publicly traded company it doesn't have share holders. Plus, share holders don't have much say in the direction of a company, except that an IPOs dynamic is more align with profit over most other things.

A VC is a group that invests in companies they see potential. Usually they identify ways to streamline processes in a means to be more profitable, one way is to buy multiple companies and consolidate resources. Which is what we're seeing. In this case by doing so, it stiffles innovation and healthy competition.

To say "shareholders", is confusing. It was worth pointing out because it speaks volumes to the posters understanding of the subject and dictates how the information that follows is received.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Pet Life isn't a publicly traded company it doesn't have share holders. Plus, share holders don't have much say in the direction of a company, except that an IPOs dynamic is more align with profit over most other things.

A VC is a group that invests in companies they see potential. Usually they identify ways to streamline processes in a means to be more profitable, one way is to buy multiple companies and consolidate resources. Which is what we're seeing. In this case by doing so, it stiffles innovation and healthy competition.

To say "shareholders", is confusing. It was worth pointing out because it speaks volumes to the posters understanding of the subject and dictates how the information that follows is received.
You completely missed my point ‍♂️
but I think that’s ok
You just want to show that you are smart and know the differences when most of us know this but don’t actually care. It’s just a bunch of rich guys who don’t care about what they are selling or the industry they are in. So same difference

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You completely missed my point ‍♂️
but I think that’s ok
You just want to show that you are smart and know the differences when most of us know this but don’t actually care. It’s just a bunch of rich guys who don’t care about what they are selling or the industry they are in. So same difference
I got your point, and addressed why it was important to point out.

It's not the same difference, it's like saying, "I just drank an entire steak". Drinking and eating are 2 different events. Unless you liquefied a steak that statement doesn't read right. The gist can be implied, but is also ambiguous.

I wasn't trying to make a strawman argument, which is what I think you interpreted as. I was pointing out, that if you want to qualify anything you say, correct terms and phrasing matter.

KalamazooReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Replace "rich shareholders" with "venture capitalists" and your rant would make sense.
Replace it with anything you want. The decisions are being made by people with a lot more power and money than us, and they don’t actually give a dang about our hobby. I’m not singling out rich people or anything. I know plenty of wealthy people I have a lot of respect for. But our hobby is very, very small, and I’d be willing to bet not many of the people making financial demands of the companies under the Aperture umbrella actually cares about us reefers or the hobby.

KalamazooReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks for explaining the distinction.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back