Mobius App via Wifi

Shadows Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates here? Why just the G5 for WIFI bridge @Darkshadow1500? Is the G5 Radion Mobius chip different than the others? @Tim at EcoTech anything you can share?

I have 4 Gen 4 XR15s, 2 MP40s and am waiting on a Vectra M2 to arrive. This would be awesome news if all could be accessed through the cloud!
Im only assuming this because when I check on the devices when connected via wifi they are only connected via the G5’s.(the one with the dot is what your connected through, it’s purple when connected via wifi and I think green via Bluetooth, not sure what color the dot is when connected via Bluetooth but I know it’s not purple lol)
E272866F-BDC4-443B-9E5E-0177D5798E67.jpeg
C5C8AE04-7621-432E-BD90-ACA33E0A5934.jpeg

zbryant91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked this week and customer service said it would be ready “in the coming months” and that they were in the final stages

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sold my G5 Pro in favor of a Kessil 500x. I still have mp10s and a S2, hopefully these will be included in the upcoming WiFi. Currently not happy with Mobius app, was working fine until the last three days, doesn’t stay connected to products. IDK, nothing on my end has changed.

ReefKeeperElite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this moment, G5s are the only ecotech device that is wifi capable.
Other devices are wifi capable too, since they can be accessed via the reeflink.
So if they are forcing G5's in order to use Mobius wifi, it would be bordering on criminal, since it would be an attempt to force people to upgrade to the G5's.

ckozma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other devices are wifi capable too, since they can be accessed via the reeflink.
So if they are forcing G5's in order to use Mobius wifi, it would be bordering on criminal, since it would be an attempt to force people to upgrade to the G5's.
Reeflink uses bluetooth not wifi, they are not capable without swapping the chip

ReefKeeperElite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reeflink uses bluetooth not wifi, they are not capable without swapping the chip
I’ve upgraded to Mobius for all my devices and bought new chips so that I could get away from Reeflink. Been waiting forever for the wifi solution, only to find out most of the Ecotech customer base still cannot use wifi.

ckozma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well all I can say is that the WiFi is currently in beta, so they could always add features. If you upgraded to the Mobius chips the feature could be on them. It could also be soldered to the motherboard on the G5 lights, I haven't seen a teardown. Currently the WiFi model uses ONE of your G5 lights to connect to the WiFi, and the remaining devices connect via bluetooth to the G5 that it decides is the master.

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sold my G5 Pro in favor of a Kessil 500x. I still have mp10s and a S2, hopefully these will be included in the upcoming WiFi. Currently not happy with Mobius app, was working fine until the last three days, doesn’t stay connected to products. IDK, nothing on my end has changed.

My vortechs are total hit or miss connecting to blue tooth

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine stay connected. I think that was the app problem. It’s been fine ever since I posted this. Definitely was a glitch somewhere.

What did you do? I have reinstalled the app a few times, etc. If i shut off the vortechs and turn back on, sometimes that works. The large buttons for shutting off are just as easy if not easier for feeding, but don't automatically come back on, and i use them usually.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you do? I have reinstalled the app a few times, etc. If i shut off the vortechs and turn back on, sometimes that works. The large buttons for shutting off are just as easy if not easier for feeding, but don't automatically come back on, and i use them usually.
Put your feed mode under scenes. You can tap that feed button and everything will turn down for your set amount of time and ramp up when done. I couldn’t get it to work under the other feed mode button.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back