Mobius is currently bugged possibly wearing out your mp40’s

vitaliyphoto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mobius is currently bugged for Reefcrest anti sync where the child pump will sporadically drop to lowest speed or accelerate to the fastest. Suggestion from Ecotech: run the child pump off Mobius or run them separate. ETA for resolving via firmware or new Mobius update: “Unfortunately, I do not have a timeframe for the update, but my team will have it addressed in the next Mobius update.” See attached movie

Attachments

• IMG_4536.mov
    12.5 MB

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Since the Vortechs have their own controls, why not just them.
Mobius is difficult even on a good day.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ecotech Marine no longer allows you to pair pumps outside of Mobius (if one or more of your pumps is new generation model)
Why is it so important to pair them?
The controller still works, doesn't it?
Turn one on, set it to the program and power you want.
Then go to the other one and do the same.

OP
OP
V

vitaliyphoto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is it so important to pair them?
The controller still works, doesn't it?
Turn one on, set it to the program and power you want.
Then go to the other one and do the same.
Yep, exactly what I’m doing. But really wanting to harness all the power of these pumps with “shifting point of turbulence” like they explain in BRS VIDEO

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the Vortechs have their own controls, why not just them.
Mobius is difficult even on a good day.
That's what I do - why bother pairing them up in the first place? :) Seems unnecessary..

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yep, exactly what I’m doing. But really wanting to harness all the power of these pumps with “shifting point of turbulence” like they explain in BRS VIDEO
I kind of think it's a gimmick more than something needed. But it's a selling point for a product.
I have have Vortecs, Vectras and the Radions. I only use Mobius because I have to for the Radions. It's poorly done and pales in comparison to ESL.

REEFRIED!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW I don’t hate mobius. I have heard about this issue. But why wouldn’t the solution be to just not run them as parent child or sync/anti sync??? Just don’t do that. You can put whatever program you want in for each individual pump, but don’t have them sync or anti sync

OP
OP
V

vitaliyphoto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys totally convinced me! I am not connecting them to Mobius though as if you are not doing advanced stuff why bother right? I don’t believe corals or fish need night mode flow or feed mode flow…. Still a great product, just a poor programming execution

OP
OP
V

vitaliyphoto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on Mobius issue:
New Mobius update (2.17) is out yet the pumps issue is NOT addressed despite Ecotech saying they would fix with the next Mobius/Firmware update. Getting two Jebao SOW-16 pumps and turning the mp40’s way down. Looks like the old argument rings true- the simpler the device the more reliable it is.

REEFRIED!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running them like that, but ultimately want anti sync as it’s more gentle on the corals without two pumps running at 100% occasionally
I thought you said you weren’t connecting them to Mobius? Also they wouldn’t be running at 100% occasionally. Unless your are running them both at 100%?

I understand the current bug. However having them at least connected to Mobius makes sense. I personally use reefcrest about 65% of the time. And I use many other modes the rest of the time. Having them not being anti-sync is not an issue. I would much rather have them be more random.

OP
OP
V

vitaliyphoto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought you said you weren’t connecting them to Mobius? Also they wouldn’t be running at 100% occasionally. Unless your are running them both at 100%?

I understand the current bug. However having them at least connected to Mobius makes sense. I personally use reefcrest about 65% of the time. And I use many other modes the rest of the time. Having them not being anti-sync is not an issue. I would much rather have them be more random.
Yeah I meant 100% of my max setting. What modes do you run them on?

REEFRIED!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I meant 100% of my max setting. What modes do you run them on?
This is my current set up. I have never used sync/anit sync or parent child. Even before this bug.

IMG_1437.png IMG_1438.png

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I periodically look at my WXM controlled ‘old fashioned’ MP40 pumps and hope they never wear out.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back