New Vortech or Vectra can not be downgraded to use ESL / ecosmartlive instead of mobius

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is just a heads up for anyone one that runs ecotech products and does not use mobius but prefers ESL and needs new vortechs. I needed a couple of power heads and wanted MP40s but I will not use mobius. I asked here and didn't receive a definitive answer but some replies said they were downgradeable. I reached out to ecotech support and asked. This was their response. I'm glad I researched and didn't just buy the MP40s

"Thank you for contacting EcoTech Marine. Any Vortech or Vectra with a Manufacture date of 12/02/21 or later cannot be downgraded at this time. With that said there likely will be an update in the future that allows the downgrade process to occur. Unfortunately, we currently do not have a specific ETA on when this will be available. Please feel free to reach back out anytime to get further information in the future.

Thanks for your patience,
Rex

Aperture Support Group"

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody wants to use Mobius...
There's probably a few fans out there :thinking-face:
I almost pulled the trigger on 2 new mp40 thinking I could downgrade them but went Nero instead, that's how bad I dislike Mobius. I just tossed this up in case others are considering them thinking they can downgrade and use esl like I thought . Kind of a public service announcement I spose.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have absolutely zero issues with Mobius these days. They’ve updated it a bunch in the last few months and it has been awesome for my 2 MP60s and Versa. About to add another 4 Versa pumps to the mix

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently setup my first Ecotech devices (2 MP40s) and so far I haven’t had any issues with mobius. Is there something specific that you dislike, or is it just issues with the app not working the way it is supposed to?

I’m trying to decide if I want to go ahead and get a mxm so I can control them with my apex.

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there something specific that you dislike, or is it just issues with the app not working the way it is supposed to?
I've tried it 3 times and I just don't like it. I guess it's the layout / ui maybe? I use Ai app, reefbreeders nexus app and Noopsyche app all fine but I just can't seem to click with Mobius. Maybe it's an old guy thing :thinking-face:
If I could transfer my settings maybe it would click but I never get past the initial set up of the radions before I get frustrated and give up.
EDIT : I have a hunch starting with Mobius is much easier than moving to Mobius from esl.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot stand Mobius but I upgraded all of my devices to use it just so I can use the MXM module which I absolutely love. Once you have that set up (which is ridiculously easy) it just becomes another Apex controlled device without having to use Mobius again.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I certainly hope my quiet drive MP40 continue to function for many years (I’m still using the WXM). fortunately I have found the driver and dry sides to be quite enduring.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back