Mobius App via Wifi

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But i can't (always) get the controller to connect to the app at all is my problem, how do i get around that?
I don’t know, mine stay connected, I’m using iPhone for app. Advice from ETM prior was remove devices, uninstall app, reinstall app then re add devices.

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know, mine stay connected, I’m using iPhone for app. Advice from ETM prior was remove devices, uninstall app, reinstall app then re add devices.
yeah, i uninstalled, etc., tried my wife's brand new phone, and it's still really about 50% whether it connects or not. The large buttons work fine and i really don't care to pull out my phone to feed anyway i suppose.

jDoSe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any updates?
I think ecotech may have abandoned mobius after too many issues. It’s been months since you could even buy the module upgrade.

I think these are signs they are coming up with something new.

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's coming out soon. Just be a bit patient like every thing else in this hobby ;)

Screenshot_20210923-192839_Mobius.jpg

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have a problem with Mobius, it works. I use the feed mode daily, no problem.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have a problem with Mobius, it works. I use the feed mode daily, no problem.
With that said, I no longer have G5, I’m only running mp10s and return pump

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I only ever touch my Mobius app to turn on feed mode each morning. Yeah, I'd like to do it from the other side of the house via WiFi, but that's not really an issue for me.

I would like WiFi to be able to control my Vortechs when I'm out of town if there is an issue. My Radions and Vortechs are the only two pieces of gear on my tank that I can't access remotely via WiFi.

RoweReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully now that Ecotech is owned by Bertram, they have the capital needed to fix all these issues with Mobius and to fully develop products before rollout.

jDoSe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump. Anyone have an update here?!
No, and im not sure why they would update something they havent sold in a year. Our guess is they are making something to replace the failed mobius. It will be a different physical chip.

J.V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ecotechmarinetank anyone care to shine some light on the subject? It does not make sense to have a product these days that can’t connect and be remotely controlled over wifi remotely.

Tidywork

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread started in 2020. We are now in late 2022 and there is still no sign of update to allow mobius app to connect with devices via wifi ( remote access )

what is going on

Wingzinco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny to read the comments where EcoTech’s customer service says “it’s coming soon”. Ha. Now March 2023, it’s not happening. Besides price, my one regret of sticking with them. Weak.

KalamazooReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it’s definitely not happening now.

Technically, it can happen…for the low low price of a cool hundred dollar bill and change, for the MXM module. And you’ll need an APEX to run that. It’s only a few hundred more. It’s all good!

This is what happens when a bunch of rich shareholders (who surely don’t care about reefkeeping - only their portfolios) buy up every company in a niche market, and then manipulate the product and pricing structure to force you to buy everything they want you to buy, just to do something like have WiFi connectivity for your $500+ high tech reef light.

The golden era of robust, healthy, capitalist competition and innovation in this hobby, in America, is drawing to a close, folks.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it’s definitely not happening now.

Technically, it can happen…for the low low price of a cool hundred dollar bill and change, for the MXM module. And you’ll need an APEX to run that. It’s only a few hundred more. It’s all good!

This is what happens when a bunch of rich shareholders (who surely don’t care about reefkeeping - only their portfolios) buy up every company in a niche market, and then manipulate the product and pricing structure to force you to buy everything they want you to buy, just to do something like have WiFi connectivity for your $500+ high tech reef light.

The golden era of robust, healthy, capitalist competition and innovation in this hobby, in America, is drawing to a close, folks.
Replace "rich shareholders" with "venture capitalists" and your rant would make sense.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back