Mobius clock errors daily

legacy2mj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The past 4 nights straight in the middle of the night my Radion will turn on… which is in the room on one of my frag tanks. Needless to say being woke up to full blown blue light would surprise anybody. Having it happen 4 nights straight is flat annoying.
There’s gotta be some kind of solution or work around for this. I don’t understand why my current time and date is changing to July 14th 1968 or whatever random date it comes up with. I don’t want to have to disable the schedule nightly, but I’m going to until I figure out a real solution.

Ben.QLD2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably a silly question, but have you hit the button to set time and date? Even if you have done that already, do it again, then force a reboot/restart of the device and then the app. Wait a few minutes until both are up and running properly again and then check the time and date are accurate.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My MP 40’s do this too. Not as noticeable as your lights, but the fact that mobius doesnt keep time is the issue. My 4 pumps all kick up to 100% from 11am-1pm. Each pump a different time but I try to have all 4 going full bore for at least an hour. So sometimes when I’m looking at the tank, I’ll notice that is off. Then like you said, go into settings and the time and date stamp is WAAAY off. Simple fix, but nonetheless frustrating

corey

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checked mine and while the time was right the date was off. I use 9 different apps accross all of my tanks and while ecotech devices are the most expensive I own the app is my least favorite.
Ok I'm being nice, mobius has always sucked IMO it just doesn't suck as bad as it did when it was new. If I wasn't already invested in thier equipment before mobius came out I would have moved on. I ran radions and vortechs for years using a reeflink and ecosmart live in a browser and everything worked fine. Now with mobius things don't work so fine and I have to be home to make settings where I could change things from anywhere that had internet using reeflink. Unfortunately newer devices are mobius only according to ecotech support. Old guy rant over ;)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back