Mobius Time Out

christianbam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a radion xr30 blue gen 5. When connecting to it through the Mobius app I get a error saying schedule failed to load. Noticed in the setting that there’s an update available for the light but I get an error saying it timed out. No matter how many times I log out and back in, unplug and plug in the light, uninstall and install the app I simply cannot have control over my lights anymore. I can’t believe the marketing that went into radion only to have this issue persist for so long. Every piece of equipment is vital and plays a part in keeping the reef alive. This cannot happen especially for the price point.
Anyone have a solution?
Anyone switch lighting due to this? If so, what?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, there's kind of a fix. Click the (...) icon in the upper right, then Settings, scroll down for Troubleshooting and then trying run Verify Settings. Most of the time Mobius can "fix" the issue with any affected Radions (it will let you know if it can't).

After it's fixed (or you remove and re-add the light to get it working again), click on Backup Configuration in the same menu and then click Backup.

Next time you have an issue with a light timing out just click Restore From Backup - it usually resolves any issues without any of the hassle. Hope this helps.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, there's kind of a fix. Click the (...) icon in the upper right, then Settings, scroll down for Troubleshooting and then trying run Verify Settings. Most of the time Mobius can "fix" the issue with any affected Radions (it will let you know if it can't).

After it's fixed (or you remove and re-add the light to get it working again), click on Backup Configuration in the same menu and then click Backup.

Next time you have an issue with a light timing out just click Restore From Backup - it usually resolves any issues without any of the hassle. Hope this helps.
thanks - have similar issues, but man o man...

OP
OP
christianbam

christianbam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all. Going in the trouble shooting and selecting verify settings seems to have fixed the issue for now. I finally have control of my light again.

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you guys not just do a complete factory reset on the light itself?

You should be able to do that and then link back into your account as your profiles will be saved automatically.

And all that reboots tab does is just power the unit off and power back up, basically need to do a hard reset and if the problem persists you need to take it up to the next level and get a hold of the company.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back