Mobius Questions

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you get the beta the official one has nothing

Beta is currently complete and as such not accepting any more testers.

The app does currently control Versa and Radion G5. Legacy devices will be added within two months hopefully if all goes well on the product launches

Serum153

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased my vectra s2 8 months ago and had no luck in Mobius finding it. Reeflink also doesn’t list mobius compatible one the info tab

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased my vectra s2 8 months ago and had no luck in Mobius finding it. Reeflink also doesn’t list mobius compatible one the info tab

That is because Mobius control for legacy equptment has not been enabled yet. It only controls Versa and Radion G5.

If you aren't able to locate the Mobius status on Reeflink under the device info, then open the controller and look at the RF chip. If it is green, then it needs to be replaced with the black RF module which also has BLE. I would put money on it that your Vectra already has the black chip though.

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LoL. Not my terminology, it is what they are labeled as in the app and set up instructions. With all the equptment and new releases I am just trying to keep the terminology correct to hopefully avoid any confusion.

I feel your pain there. My 2 Radion XR15 G4 Pro, 2 XR30 G3Pro, 2 MP40wQD, 2 MP10wQD, Vectra M1 all 'legacy' lol

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I’m confused about is that my MP60s were bought used- production date around ~2016, and also work with Mobius.

How do you know? From the indication in ESL? I’m out of town for a bit, but will be interested to see what ESL says about my radions. Bought the Gen4 pro quite early in its cycle, so we shall see.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you know? From the indication in ESL? I’m out of town for a bit, but will be interested to see what ESL says about my radions. Bought the Gen4 pro quite early in its cycle, so we shall see.

No, from using them with Mobius :)

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, from using them with Mobius :)

Thats quite promising then. I doubt I shall bother to move my vortechs off WXM, but I’d be quite happy to not have to use reeflink for my radions and Vectra. Though if there is a next iteration of vortech, seems reasonable to assume it will no longer connect to WXM.

Serum153

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is because Mobius control for legacy equptment has not been enabled yet. It only controls Versa and Radion G5.

If you aren't able to locate the Mobius status on Reeflink under the device info, then open the controller and look at the RF chip. If it is green, then it needs to be replaced with the black RF module which also has BLE. I would put money on it that your Vectra already has the black chip though.

that would be awesome and might explain why it locates devices but doesn’t actually list them as an option to be clicked. G5’s arrive tomorrow

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats quite promising then. I doubt I shall bother to move my vortechs off WXM, but I’d be quite happy to not have to use reeflink for my radions and Vectra. Though if there is a next iteration of vortech, seems reasonable to assume it will no longer connect to WXM.
They have been extremely involved with thier beta testers and a group regarding all these issues and have worked most out. There are some stipulations regarding sharing info.

They definitely don't want to loose customers as this platform will be, or has potential to be. expanded greatly.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish you would stop calling the pumps I just paid $2100 for legacy equipment.
Makes them sound like old junk.
Im not going anyware I finally got everything going. As fare as the reef link and Moby. I have been thinking about my
Space invader Pectinia whose tissue is receding on the top edge, it came to me, I have been bumping flow and lights up.
So sitting at work today I dropped everything and its done. Can Moby do that?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not going anyware I finally got everything going. As fare as the reef link and Moby. I have been thinking about my
Space invader Pectinia whose tissue is receding on the top edge, it came to me, I have been bumping flow and lights up.
So sitting at work today I dropped everything and its done. Can Moby do that?
Remotely? Not at this time but will.

Mobius has a light acclimation that I've come to rely on quite often. Not sure if it was in reeflink or ESL. But it allows me to select the lower light level in the form of percent and how many days to take to ramp back up to the preset schedule.

Anytime I added a new coral I used the light acclimation.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remotely? Not at this time but will.

Mobius has a light acclimation that I've come to rely on quite often. Not sure if it was in reeflink or ESL. But it allows me to select the lower light level in the form of percent and how many days to take to ramp back up to the preset schedule.

Anytime I added a new coral I used the light acclimation.
ESL does currently have this, acclimation mode - One of the best features for lights i have found.

One of the most valuable features in Ecosmart in my opinion.

PhilT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just got G4 pros. Did someone say that once Mobius supports them and I add them to the app, then they will no long work with the EcoSmart app or reeflink? I can see maybe they can’t work with both apps simultaneously, but if I don’t like mobius or it has some bugs, I won’t be able to go back to reeflink?

will there be a firmware update to go with Mobius migration or is it already there in the wireless card?

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once they release the app for other devices it will require a firmware update.

Once you have updated the equiptment to Mobius they will not work with ESL.

You will be able to downgrade the equiptment back to ESL if you want. The 2 programs can not be used together.

U

User1

View Badges
I wish you would stop calling the pumps I just paid $2100 for legacy equipment.
Makes them sound like old junk.

We have B-52's still in service. It is safe to say that your new $2100 worth of pumps is far from legacy equipment. I think you will be all right ;)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back