OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol sure does. Does it work. Now what do you think. It held the kitchen table in place all night. Lol. I have to cut a piece for the base of the pump and a support for the wedge pipe and I can fire it up. So soon.

ksauerb322

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing build, looks great! Have you changed anything from the ATB 840? more air/water ect? Thanks, looking forward to reading more!

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my drain is lower the wedge pipe water comes out the bottom, the bubble plate is my own design and it should flow more water and air with the larger reducer.

jck09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what was your idea on the bubble chamber? i know you said you werent able to do it but what were your plans if you dont mind me asking

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what was your idea on the bubble chamber? i know you said you werent able to do it but what were your plans if you dont mind me asking

I was going to make the exit water come from the bottom of the bubble chamber. Make a seperate chamber for it. But I think it would make the bubble chamber too small on this design or I would have to raise the chamber. I was trying to pull the water from the very lowest part of the skimmer.

I I did not use the skirt around the bubble plate that most do as I used my cool little bubble plate design. It has the exit pipe like a bk mini with the pipe itself has a hole in it like the ATB skimmers do.

Ok
UPDATE***
The skimmer is Running. Just put it in about 10 minutes ago. It looks promising. Sorry things have been busy so I ll try to get some pics up. later today

Mojo~

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just took pics. The video will come here after more of the bubbles come off the cone. I want to get a really good view of how the bubbles come off the bubble plate.
Initial tests of he pump after only being in the water one hour are around 35 scfh. once it settles in some it will probably gain another couple scfh. we will see. Looking good thus far.

Mojo~

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pics
P1010318.jpg

P1010319.jpg

P1010320.jpg

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it appears to be doing well I all have to watch the tank and see what it does.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skimmer is working like a champ. I will try to get some pics up soon. It performs as well as any skimmer i have ever owned. BK included. Amazing skimmer.

gkimble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skimmer is working like a champ. I will try to get some pics up soon. It performs as well as any skimmer i have ever owned. BK included. Amazing skimmer.
Ah, but can it beat its nemesis. THE MOJO MINI 100:xd::xd::xd::xd::xd::xd:
I don't know.
1028092225.jpg

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have enough material to build one last skimmer. Too big for my tank though. it will be the Mojo Monster !!! it will be a 8 inch body skimmer. with probably a 4.5 in neck and probably around 1200 to 1500 lph of air. I am in no rush to build it as well I can use it. lol. Might do internal pump as well.

rkaires

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! I like the way you did the exit pipe as apposed to the way it is on the ATB. How much air is it pulling?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back