$$$MONEY TO MOUTH, ONE FOR THE PURISTS NO NAMERS "ACROPORA" PACK$$$$

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I mean, I have tried this a few times in the past. To appeal to the "one thing I can't stand is the name game" crowd. But it always seemed to crash and burn. However valiant my efforts were, the noise made about my offerings was barely audible over the sound of the clicketing crickets. So I'll confess I haven't bothered in years. The masses wanted names and I gave you names indeed! But I am a member of this forum and I am definitely not blind to the recent rash of posts scoffing at prices and jab after jab at the "name game" and so on.

So yeah, I've got tons of aquacultured stuff without any names yet. For those of you not interested at all in "silly names" I hear you. I really do. In fact, the deeper the naming of coral has gotten over the years, the utterly less serious I've taken it. But alas, acquiescing to the roars of the market for names, names, and even more names no matter how absurd or ridicules I could make them, that's the game I have been playing for years now. Because there's no other way to put it. I have learned, along with the hordes of other vendors, that the vast majority of reefers prefer to buy Acropora with names attached to them. It's that simple.

Having said that, I thought I'd try something different one more time and dangle some low hanging fruit in front of the vocal masses that have voiced no interest in sps with names.

It's an 8 pack of Acropora at 25.00 a frag. Just like the "good old days". Right? This is all stuff I have had a long time now and have even sent out in a few battle boxes over the years with generic names. But for whatever reason have not really marketed them at all yet. Now I'd be more than happy to keep them all "unnamed" and eventually add them to the site under the labels I've given them below. But that will ultimately depend on the performance of this thread lol. Is this whole thing seeming a little facetious, even gimmicky? Maybe stirring the pot a little? Yeah, I think so and if you want to let me have it please feel free. But if there's just one person out there that wants this one, I guess I'll be satisfied. This definitely doesn't mean I'll quit playing the name game altogether either. That I'm pretty sure of. At least for a while...

250.00 shipped

1. Indo Table
  2. Green/teal Loripes
  3. Green/orange tip table
  4. Purple tip Gemmifera
  5. Purple/white polyp Loripes
  6. Pink Nasuta
  7. Purple/green polyp table
  8. Blue rim Selago
IMG_0871-Edit.jpg

IMG_0873-Edit.jpg

Heavy Blue

IMG_0872.jpg

Last edited:

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to applaud you for bringing things like this to the table for reefers. I really do feel like this trade is becoming one for the rich masses,especially coral wise and with people like you having affordable pieces and packs it makes the hobby enjoyable and reachable for cheap people like me

This is an insanely affordable pack,once my tank is ready I will be placing a order for a few pieces to fill the tank,110%.

Keep it up Adam.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever considered doing a tier style frag pack ?

Say maybe 4,6,8pc packs within a certain price range of corals ? Say 4pc pack would be from this amount to this amount picking from this price range of corals,4pc would be say 2 lower tier,1 medium tier 1 high tier or 2 medium tier ect ect ?

I know you do battleboxes,and let people give input on what they are looking but this would give people a little more control over their choices,yet still yield a small discount over buying individually.

Sorry if it doesn't make much sense lol but I'm sure you have already thought of this !!!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Have you ever considered doing a tier style frag pack ?

Say maybe 4,6,8pc packs within a certain price range of corals ? Say 4pc pack would be from this amount to this amount picking from this price range of corals,4pc would be say 2 lower tier,1 medium tier 1 high tier or 2 medium tier ect ect ?

I know you do battleboxes,and let people give input on what they are looking but this would give people a little more control over their choices,yet still yield a small discount over buying individually.

Sorry if it doesn't make much sense lol but I'm sure you have already thought of this !!!

thanks a lot for the feedback! this ultimately, is how my battleboxes work.

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#4 is a must have for me. I am not able to buy right now but after the upcoming holidays I'll be contacting you. I really like this thread.

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck with that Adam, your stuff has to have proper BattleCorals names. :p

I'm naming them for you:

1. Indo Yourendo table
2. Green Machine
3. Tequila Hangover
4. Gimme Your Lunch Money Gemmifera
5. Purple Nurple Loripes
6. Mr. Fancypants Nasuta
7. Leeloo's Boooooooom ba da booom
8. Adam's Apple Selago

You're welcome.

Mykawl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, I have tried this a few times in the past. To appeal to the "one thing I can't stand is the name game" crowd. But it always seemed to crash and burn. However valiant my efforts were, the noise made about my offerings was barely audible over the sound of the clicketing crickets. So I'll confess I haven't bothered in years. The masses wanted names and I gave you names indeed! But I am a member of this forum and I am definitely not blind to the recent rash of posts scoffing at prices and jab after jab at the "name game" and so on.

So yeah, I've got tons of aquacultured stuff without any names yet. For those of you not interested at all in "silly names" I hear you. I really do. In fact, the deeper the naming of coral has gotten over the years, the utterly less serious I've taken it. But alas, acquiescing to the roars of the market for names, names, and even more names no matter how absurd or ridicules I could make them, that's the game I have been playing for years now. Because there's no other way to put it. I have learned, along with the hordes of other vendors, that the vast majority of reefers prefer to buy Acropora with names attached to them. It's that simple.

Having said that, I thought I'd try something different one more time and dangle some low hanging fruit in front of the vocal masses that have voiced no interest in sps with names.

It's an 8 pack of Acropora at 25.00 a frag. Just like the "good old days". Right? This is all stuff I have had a long time now and have even sent out in a few battle boxes over the years with generic names. But for whatever reason have not really marketed them at all yet. Now I'd be more than happy to keep them all "unnamed" and eventually add them to the site under the labels I've given them below. But that will ultimately depend on the performance of this thread lol. Is this whole thing seeming a little facetious, even gimmicky? Maybe stirring the pot a little? Yeah, I think so and if you want to let me have it please feel free. But if there's just one person out there that wants this one, I guess I'll be satisfied. This definitely doesn't mean I'll quit playing the name game altogether either. That I'm pretty sure of. At least for a while...

250.00 shipped

1. Indo Table
  2. Green/teal Loripes
  3. Green/orange tip table
  4. Purple tip Gemmifera
  5. Purple/white polyp Loripes
  6. Pink Nasuta
  7. Purple/green polyp table
  8. Blue rim Selago
IMG_0871-Edit.jpg

IMG_0873-Edit.jpg

Heavy Blue

IMG_0872.jpg
Speechless, fat babies! Insane

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The small packs in terms of price are always what I look for . Everytime I order corals it's always $200 to 250 . It doesnt always have to be a big pack .

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back