"THAT PART IN NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (1984) WHERE NANCY PULLS THE COFFEEMAKER OUT OF THE NIGHTSTAND...."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With you there. when I was a kid for sure horror in the 80s and early 90s was hilarious. I always liked the goofy zany stuff way more than serious gut and/or gore.

evil dead film GIF
100%
Who doesn't love a good cheesy creature feature!

Critters?
critters GIF by hero0fwar

Gremlins?
Santa Hat Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor

Tremors?

ending kevin bacon GIF

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh man now your talking! Ash and his boom stick ! My type of horror !
Do you know about the Klaatu Barrada Nikto that it was from the day the earth stood still, the command for Gort ? Yep yep im a uber dork :)
the day the earth stood still robot GIF by Turner Classic Movies

Last edited:

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh man now your talking! Ash and his boom stick ! My type of horror !
Do you know about the Klaatu Barrada Nikto that it was from the day the earth stood still the command for Gort ? Yep yep im a uber dork :)
the day the earth stood still robot GIF by Turner Classic Movies
Great movie. And as much as I’m a fan of Keanu movies, I wasn’t impressed with the remake. This was a fav of mine when a kid
THEM!
1709701765053.png

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great movie. And as much as I’m a fan of Keanu movies, I wasn’t impressed with the remake. This was a fav of mine when a kid
THEM!
1709701765053.png
Yeah man those big ants lol That was second movie that popped into my head when I thought of day earth stood still. I didnt even know they did a remake of day earth stood still. Its wasnt any good ?

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah man those big ants lol That was second movie that popped into my head when I thought of day earth stood still. I didnt even know they did a remake of day earth stood still. Its wasnt any good ?
It wasn’t bad, but when they remake a classic, they’d better hit it out of the park. Example: Invasion of the Body Snatchers or The Thing, which the John Carpenter one cleaved much closer to the original story, called Who Goes There? by John W. Campbell(I’ve read it, it’s a fantastic read)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It wasn’t bad, but when they remake a classic, they’d better hit it out of the park. Example: Invasion of the Body Snatchers or The Thing, which the John Carpenter one cleaved much closer to the original story, called Who Goes There? by John W. Campbell(I’ve read it, it’s a fantastic read)
Spoken like a true aficionado. Good stuff!

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spoken like a true aficionado. Good stuff!
There you go Adam, if not for this one but possibly another needing a name other than “it”- the Who Goes There!

bbak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok yeah I think you did it then my friend! Can anyone help me confirm this was the first actual pic of the movie playing on an actual screen?:)

Also. Seems like we are sticking with the name then? No good enough arguments to talk me out of then? I mean I’m cool with it either way
I belive penguin was the first though I can't tell if it's on a screen or whatnot since it was on his computer, that's why I made sure to stand back far enough to get the edges of the TV. That said I understand penguin didn't want to endure the wrath of children from shutting off bluey. I'm not one to call out anyone on a technicality especially when it's all in good fun.

bbak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont do horror either ,,its not really horror ,,well gory anyways. I can do suspenseful like scream, Jaws and aliens but never saw SAW or that circle movie and wont lol, not into the gore. I watched it back in the day when I was a kid scared me but I dont remember it being super gory. Im sure now days it would be funny even dorky by todays standards.
I'm with you on the horror movies, my wife loves them, I get bored with them, especially the newer stuff. Tho I do enjoy the old stuff.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You guys are old...
Good Game Basketball GIF by Beastie Boys
Ish. Old-ish
I belive penguin was the first though I can't tell if it's on a screen or whatnot since it was on his computer, that's why I made sure to stand back far enough to get the edges of the TV. That said I understand penguin didn't want to endure the wrath of children from shutting off bluey. I'm not one to call out anyone on a technicality especially when it's all in good fun.
no that really was what I was hoping for. Tv and all! Preferably on vhs even! Think you’ll both get one for the effort:). I’m not one to be too strict with rules like this.

bbak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ish. Old-ish

no that really was what I was hoping for. Tv and all! Preferably on vhs even! Think you’ll both get one for the effort:). I’m not one to be too strict with rules like this.
I do have a few vhs players but don't think this movie is in my collection. I had to rent it since I couldn't find my DVD. Actully my kids watch all the old disney movies on one of those TV vhs combos we have in there play corner. It's pretty cool watching them Operate a vhs player the same as me when I was there age.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have a few vhs players but don't think this movie is in my collection. I had to rent it since I couldn't find my DVD. Actully my kids watch all the old disney movies on one of those TV vhs combos we have in there play corner. It's pretty cool watching them Operate a vhs player the same as me when I was there age.
I had to bust up watching a vhs a number of years back at the ad for the new hot thing: dvds.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 86 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back