Montipora issues?

Vxrb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got this love rock with montipora and it’s releasing a slime/algae that’s red and ideas?

image.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got this love rock with montipora and it’s releasing a slime/algae that’s red and ideas?

image.jpg
Honestly to me that sounds more like stress from the move of tanks. OR it’s actually the skin pealing off and dying from an incorrect parameter

Last edited:

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red slime? Is it cyano? Try using a turkey baster or similar and try to blow it off.

OP
OP
V

Vxrb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly to me that sounds more like stress from the move of tanks. OR it’s actually the skin pealing off and dying from an incorrect parameter
Oh okay because When he was packing it he broke off a piece and that piece is doing fine and not having any of that, so maybe just stress?

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell in the pic but any part of the coral where its lost tissue? Maybe it was broken off from an underside or something and some of it is dead coral? Higher likelihood of growing algae or cyano on parts of it that are without live tissue. Just keep it cleaned off every 1-2 days and let it encrust back over those areas if so over time.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back