Morecorals nuvo round 3

Morecoral

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2017
Messages
127
Reaction score
126
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title says it all. My tank has been up and running for 3 years with a few rescapes. I tore out all of my sps about 2 years ago due to monti eating nudibranch outbreak. I believe it was from a large rainbow monti I brought in. I was a total noob and new nothing. This pic was right before the outbreak. View attachment 823416

Since the tank was set fallow of all sps for 5 months I decided to try again since I knew I was monti eating nudi free. I tried just going with name brand corals but something about my water chemistry was off. Up until then I never tested the big three just relied on wc. Well all those nice beautiful frags slowly died and stn from tha base up. I was about ready to just give in until I moved about 2 months ago. I had all kinds of algae and a nice aptasia garden. Moving was a blessing because it gave me a chance to redo my tank for a third time. I've removed a lot of rock to increase flow and give a new look. My wc schedule is rc at 1.026 every Sunday 2.5 gallons. I started using kalk and checking alk, cal, po4 every Monday no3 when I feel like it
Alk 8.8 salifert
Cal 410 red sea
Po4 0.0 hannah lr
Mg 1450 red sea
No3 1ppm salifert
I feel like my tank is off to a great start at my new place. New acros are happy with great pe. Montis are encrusting great and plating great. I upgraded from a non hd prime to a maxspect rsx100. I also use 1 ati blue t5 but going to order a orpheck 60 light bar probably the uv one because the maxpect already pushed plenty of blue and white. I use matrix, filter floss, purigen, and chemi pure nano. I also run a im ghost desktop skimmer. For water movement I have 2 rio 600 pumps in my rear chamber and dual rw4 jebaos on one side to create a gyre flow. I like gyre cause it keeps the barebottom spotless.
That's pretty much it. Hers a current fts.

20180826_181718.jpg
 
Looking very nice! Third time is the charm, right?!
 
Looking very nice! Third time is the charm, right?!
Yes 3rd time should be done right since I know a bit more now. I still have a lot to learn about acros but that's the fun in reefing
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new