most accurate magnesium test kits

gatekeeperdi

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2014
Messages
94
Reaction score
8
Location
Tamworth, England
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I was wondering what people thought were the most accurate and straight forward magnesium test kits were. I've been using the red sea pro magnesium test kit but it always seems to read higher than if I get it checked at my LFS.
Any suggestions and reasons for preferences would be really appreciated.
Thanks Di
 
I had the same problem with the red sea magnesium pro test kit until I watched the youtube video how to do it correctly. Turns out the instruction card is misleading when it shows the the bottle shaking for 60 seconds its really a quick shake and let sit for 60 seconds. Hope that helps.
 
I prefer the salifert. I've tried elos and got very inconsistent results. Red sea I've always hear tests high
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 25.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new